WHO: GRAPHISOFT, the leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software vendor
WHAT: Effective leveraging of BIM in management of renovation projects.
This webinar will focus on the Calumet Middle School renovation project and how STR Partners employed an effective BIM strategy in managing, documenting and graphically presenting the updating and expansion of the school with regard to the following challenges:
- 62,000SF – renovation of more than 7,000SF + 55,000SF of new construction
- Existing 100 year old building did not meet ADA or ASHRAE standards
- Work needed to be completed while building was partially occupied and operating.
The architects used BIM to extensively document and graphically present information from within a single building model.
Attend this webinar to learn how ArchiCAD can benefit your next renovation project by:
- Enhancing Collaboration: Bring the project team together with a holistic approach to collaboration.
- Minimizing Logistical Challenges: Easily create phasing models, construction sequencing and flow diagrams.
- Reducing Bid Costs with Interactive Scheduling: Create highly accurate documents and a wealth of information in the early design stages.
- Eliminating Redundancy in Documentation: ArchiCAD’s Renovation feature only requires a single model file for multiple construction phases.
WHEN: Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:00-2:00 PM EST
ABOUT OUR PRESENTER:
Kyla Kuhnlein, AIA LEED AP BD+C, GRAPHISOFT BIM Consultant
Kyla is an architect with more than a decade of experience using ArchiCAD to design, develop and manage projects of various sizes and types. She has a diverse project history in education, commercial, hospitality, custom residential, historical conservation, and multiple LEED awarded projects.
Kyla’s background includes working in several well-known architecture and design studios as well as consulting with firms internationally to implement BIM standards. Her teaching experience includes courses in CAD technology and architectural history. This knowledge has led to developing an integrated BIM workflow and an expert understanding of the fundamentals required to create comprehensive documents and BIM models.
Register at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/383963921
GRAPHISOFT® ignited the BIM revolution in 1984 with ArchiCAD®, the industry-first BIM software for architects. GRAPHISOFT continues to lead the industry with innovative solutions such as its revolutionary BIMcloud®, the world’s first real-time BIM collaboration environment, EcoDesigner™, the world’s first fully BIM-integrated “GREEN” design solution and BIMx®, the world’s leading mobile app for BIM visualization. GRAPHISOFT has been a part of the Nemetschek Group since its acquisition in 2007. Visit archicad.com to see the most important milestones in ArchiCAD's 30-year history.