- Single chip integrates power supplies and sophisticated charger IC, contributes to downsizing and space-saving design -
TOKYO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 31, 2014 — Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced the launch of a system power management IC, “TC7734FTG,” for mobile products, such as tablets and smartphones. Sample shipments start today, with mass production scheduled to start from January 2015.
Toshiba launches system power management IC "TC7734FTG" for mobile products (Photo: Business Wire)
The new product is fabricated with the latest 0.13µm analog process technology and integrates various power supplies units—charger, power path , Buck Converters, LDO Regulators—and the LED Driver required for mobile devices in one chip. Housed in a compact 7mmx7mm QFN (Quad Flat No-lead) package with excellent thermal performance, “TC7734FTG” will contribute to space-saving and device downsizing.
Key Features of the New Product
Single-chip integration of power supply functions required for mobile
- Power path
- 4ch Buck Converter,
- 3ch LDO Regulator,
- Charger, and LED Backlight Driver.
Sophisticated Charger IC
- Detects various USB port conditions and restricts the input current to 500mA, 1000mA, or 1500mA, and all charger functions operate automatically without the need for any external control signals.
- Detects battery’s thermal condition and controls charging by using an external thermistor to ensure safe operation during charging.
- Integration of various error detect functions
Integrating thermal detect function, over current limitation function, and LED open/ short detection ensures safe operation.
- I2C control
Individual setting of output voltages, power sequencing, and many other
functions can be programmed through I2C with user
programmable eFuse to meet diverse platforms needs.
Programming settings, status, and fault conditions can be read in the registers that enable the system processors to make decisions necessary for optimized operation.
Mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets, handheld medical devices, industrial PDA, barcode readers
|Input voltage (DCIN)||3.4V-5.5V|
|Integrated power supply||
4ch DCDCs and 3ch LDOs
DCDC1 *1 0.9-1.4V
DCDC2 *1 1.05-1.95V
DCDC3 *1 2.7-3.4V
DCDC4 *2 1.5-3.3V
LDO1 *1 1.2-1.9V
LDO2 *1 1.5-2.8V
LDO3 *2 1.5-3.3V
*1 Selectable output voltage by I 2 C
*2 Selectable output voltage by external resistor
Current mode step-up DCDC converter (30V max.)
2ch constant current circuit driver (80mA/ch max.)
PWM dimming control (32 steps)
1.5A switch mode, CVCC
USB port detection (SDP/CDP/DCP)
|Package||QFN64: 7mm×7mm×0.5mm; pin pitch: 0.5mm|