28-Gbps, four-channel device offers 100G data rates and fast processingDALLAS, Sept. 22, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced its first transimpedance amplifier (TIA) for the 100G optical networking market. As a key component of the system, the ONET2804T brings high levels of sensitivity with negligible cross-talk penalty and low input-referred noise (IRN) to provide stable and robust communication in hot-pluggable transceivers. The newest member of TI's broad optical networking portfolio, the 100G TIA serves parallel optical interconnects in applications with data rates of up to 28 Gbps, such as optical line cards, point-to-point microwave backhauls and video over fiber. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/onet2804t-pr.
Key features and benefits of the ONET2804T
- High level of sensitivity: Less than 2-uA IRN and virtually no cross talk between channels help achieve high signal integrity.
- Design flexibility: Using a two-wire I2C interface, designers can optimize their systems to drive high performance at low power consumption.
- Easy system integration: The new TIA's 750-um channel pitch enables designers to wire bond directly to a photodiode, which reduces system complexity.
The ONET2804T four-channel 28-Gbps TIA adds a new dimension to TI's popular line of optical networking products. In addition to TIAs, the portfolio features various types of laser drivers and limiting amplifiers to build optical networking systems.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The ONET2804T is available in a 750-um channel-pitch bare die. Suggested retail pricing in 1,000-unit quantities starts at US$45.00.
Learn more about TI's optical networking TIA portfolio:
- Order ONET2804-T samples.
- Learn more about how to address 100G growing pains.
- Support is available on the High-Speed Interface Forum in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
- Follow what TI signal chain experts have to say on our blog: www.ti.com/analogwire-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments
Tangie Tolbert, Texas Instruments, 214-479-1624, t- Email Contact
Vicky Smithee, Golin, 972-341-2537