Spansion® MB39C50X Series Reduce Power Consumption and Accelerate Design ProductivitySUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 9, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Spansion Inc. (NYSE: CODE), a global leader in embedded systems, today announced new PMICs for Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoCs, which are ideal for factory automation, office automation, medical imaging, networking, laptops and consumer equipment. The Spansion® MP39C50x PMICs dramatically reduce the power consumption for systems and accelerate design productivity. Spansion will demonstrate the new PMICs on a Spansion reference board for FPGAs at Avnet's X-fest.
The MB39C50x series meet the high power supply requirements by system on chips (SoC) and microcontrollers. The family consists of three products: the MB39C502 with voltages of 0.7v to 2.0v, the MB39C503 with 2.4v to 3.5v and the MB39C504 with 5.0v. The product family can control heavy current, with input voltage of max. 25v and max. 20A, within ±1% of the reference voltage and ±0.3% of the load regulation. It also provides a 40μA or lower consumption current stand-by, while maintaining the voltage output at the system stand-by.
"Spansion's new PMIC expands our portfolio for Spansion's power-supply control. Our embedded customers are seeking low-power and high-quality PMICs to address the performance and power supply requirements for programmable SoCs in a variety of applications," said Kiyoe Nagaya, vice president of marketing of the Analog Business Unit at Spansion. "By using the Spansion MB39C50x series, they can accelerate design productivity with our intelligent and high-performance PMICs and deliver innovative products to market faster."
Featuring an intelligent power management function, the MB39C50x series is designed to enhance system reliability and prevent system damage in case of current overflow. In comparison to previous PMICs, which shut down only at a specific level of overflow, the Spansion PMICs alert when the signal forecasts an overflow and quickly memorizes the previous condition before the system stops, thereby maximizing system reliability and recovery.
Features of the MB39C50x Series
- Low power consumption at stand-by for the heavy current usage system. Suppresses the stand-by consumption current to 40µA or lower, where the relative stand-by time is longer and the heavy current flows during operation in applications. Previous products achieved about 105µA.
- Highly sufficient supply voltage control at the heavy current supply. Features voltage ranges; 0.7v to 2.0v (MB39C502), 2.4v to 3.5v (MB39C503) and 5.0v (MB39C504). It controls the supply voltage sufficiently within ±0.3% load regulation during the operation, which can supply the current up to 20A.
- Intelligent power-supply control functions. Monitors the risk for current overflows, alerts signal to the system before the overflows and performs the proper system protection operation. The function suppresses an excessive margin design through elimination of possibilities of current overflows, enhances the system reliability and optimizes BOM.
Availability and Pricing
The family of PMICs is available through the global supply chain of Spansion and Avnet.
MB39C502: Production shipment begins September 9. Price: $1.3
MB39C503: Production shipment begins September 9. Price: $1.3
MB39C504: Production shipment begins September 9. Price : $1.3
*The price of each product is a unit price when ordering 3,000 units.
- Spansion MP39C50x PMIC Datasheet:
- Spansion MB39C502 Datasheet: http://www.spansion.com/downloads/MB39C502xxxx.pdf
- Spansion newsroom: http://news.spansion.com
- Spansion blog: http://core.spansion.com/blog
- Spansion on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Spansion
- Spansion on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Spansion
Spansion (NYSE: CODE) is a global leader in Flash memory-based embedded systems solutions. Spansion's Flash memory, microcontrollers, analog and mixed-signal products drive the development of faster, intelligent, secure and energy efficient electronics. Spansion is at the heart of electronics systems, connecting, controlling, storing and powering everything from automotive electronics and industrial systems to the highly interactive and immersive consumer devices that are enriching people's daily lives. For more information, visit http:// www.spansion.com
Spansion(R), the Spansion logo, and combinations thereof, are trademarks and registered trademarks of Spansion LLC in the United States and other countries. Other names used are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Spansion Inc.
Spansion Press Contact, Linda Goncalves, 408-616-3701
Email Contact Spansion Investor Relations Contact, Rahul Mathur, 408-616-6682