The theme "Art Makes Life Better" highlights the mission of the organizers, whose aim is to drive the fast and healthy development of China's art sector, engage academia in leading the advancement of the sector, and make art more accessible to the general public.
One of the two major exhibition halls will exhibit contemporary works with varying themes from prominent artists including Wu Changshuo and Qi Baishi. The other major hall will exhibit original artwork from over 80 countries.
Five themed pavilions are hallmarks of the event:
- Legacy - Chinese Intangible Cultural Heritage Exhibition & Handicrafts Trade Fair,
- Reproduction of Venice - Retrospective Exhibition of the Chinese Pavilion in 55th Venice Biennale,
- Famous Contemporary Painting and Calligraphy Exhibition in Taiwan,
- Chinese Contemporary Art Invitation Exhibition, and
- Youth,a passion to be homage -- the China's Elite Young Artist Exhibition
"Taobao" Art Street, outside the pavilion, will display the original art ecology of the Songzhuang art district.
The "Young Artist +" project selects 100+ young artists with potential as determined by the committee's group of judges and online voting by the public. It will demonstrate the vitality of China's contemporary art as it explores and develops new talent. The Organizing Committee's group of judges will include Ministry of Culture Art Department Director Zhu Di, renowned art critic Jia Fangzhou, Peking University School of Arts Director Peng Feng and contemporary artist Yue Minjun. The "Young Artist +" project has already attracted over 800 young artists and nearly 400,000 fans across China.
Art Expo and Gallery Week is aimed at building an audience interested in contemporary art and enriching the spiritual and cultural life of the city.
SOURCE Beijing Wenchuang International Art Co. Ltd.
|Beijing Wenchuang International Art Co. Ltd.