PC Innovator Unleashes Professional-grade Desktop Workstations Designed to Exceed Today’s Demands and Anticipate Tomorrow’s Challenges
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 11, 2014 — Lenovo (SEHK:0992) (Pink Sheets:LNVGY) today, at SIGGRAPH 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia, announced the launch of the ThinkStation P Series, unveiling its vision for the ultimate in desktop workstation performance, reliability and usability. Rebuilt from the ground up, the Lenovo ThinkStation P900, P700 and P500 workstations join the entry-level ThinkStation P300, announced in May 2014, as the most powerful professional-grade desktop workstations available. Now, professionals in engineering, architecture, media and entertainment, oil & gas, medical & science, finance and other industries can arm themselves with workstation technology selected and configured to meet their needs for enhanced productivity and limitless innovation.
“After a period of intensive research, development and testing, we’re excited to introduce our next generation workstations to the market, as we truly believe this is the best designed workstation ever,” said Victor Rios, vice president and general manager, Workstation, Lenovo. “We built on the advancements delivered in our 30 Series workstations and engineered the P Series with new levels of innovation based on extensive customer feedback. The result for users is optimum performance, outstanding reliability and unparalleled usability that is unlike anything they have experienced.”
Whether it’s engineers working in computer-aided design, artists creating the latest blockbuster action sequence or geophysicists interpreting seismic data for oil & gas exploration, users of professional desktop workstations require the best-performing, most reliable and most usable hardware available. The applications these professionals use to innovate in their industries continue to grow more complex and resource-intensive. As a result, users need desktop workstations that can not only meet the application demands of today but also be configured to anticipate the challenges of tomorrow.
Designed for optimum performance, reliability and usability, Lenovo’s new ThinkStation P Series workstations represent a quantum leap forward for workstation technology. Key benefits of the new systems include:
Ease of Use
The Lenovo ThinkStation P Series features a clean, modular design, making it easier to access components for uncomplicated upgrades.
- Tool-less Upgrades: Access critical components – even the motherboard – without the need for a single tool.
- Red Touch Points: Intuitive red touch points guide users’ hands to quick and easy component changes.
- Integrated Handles: Makes lifting and carrying easy – and allows the system to fit conveniently into any workspace. The integrated handles also allow for easy rack mounting.
- QR Codes: Have support questions about your components? Scan the QR code, and you will be directed to our website with detailed information on system architecture and component technical specifications.
- Diagnostic Port: Plug your Android-based tablet or smartphone into the USB port for system analysis using the ThinkStation app, or use any USB mass storage device to transfer diagnostic information directly to the dedicated ThinkStation diagnostics web page.
Keeping components cool is the key to reliability. Lenovo ThinkStation workstations have historically been the coolest in the industry, and the P Series is the coolest system yet.
- Tri Channel Cooling: ThinkStation P Series utilizes a patented tri-channel architecture resulting in superior cooling of key components.
- Air Baffle: Through a one-of-a-kind, fan-less, multi-channel air baffle, the redesigned system draws in maximum airflow, directing cool air straight to critical system components. Warm air is forced out the back without ever touching other components along the way.
Lenovo has brought the idea of expansion to an entirely new level. From memory and storage capacity to power supply and I/O slots, the P Series offers unique configurations that let users customize the right components no matter what their profession requires for a fully loaded experience.
- FLEX Bay: The FLEX Bay has been designed to support an optical drive or the FLEX Module, which can be used to support an ultraslim optical drive, a media card reader, or Firewire (IEEE 1394).
- FLEX Tray: Newly designed HDD trays support both 2.5” and 3.5” hard drives. And with one tray supporting up to two 2.5” hard drives, users can add as many as 14 drives (P900 model only).
- FLEX Connector : Professionals can increase functionality without sacrificing rear PCIe slots using a mezzanine card that connects to the motherboard – allowing for support for SATA/SAS/PCIe storage and advanced RAID solutions.
- Power Supply : Easily remove the tool-less power supply without worrying about cables. For the P700 and P500 models, this means users can match the size of the power supply to their systems’ unique configuration, allowing them to pay for the performance they truly need.