- Small package (SSOP16) type is added to the H bridge driver series to support downsizing and cost reduction -
TOKYO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 31, 2014 — Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO: 6502) today announced the launch of “TC78H610FNG” as the latest addition to its line-up of H bridge driver ICs for low-voltage brushed DC motors, such as those used in battery-powered equipment, camera equipment and household electrical devices. Mass production shipment starts today.
Toshiba: H bridge driver IC "TC78H610FNG" for low-voltage (2.5V) drive (Photo: Business Wire)
The new product, supplied in a small package (SSOP16), reduce the required mounting area by 21% compared to products housed in SSOP20 packages. The TC78H610FNG enables a reduction in both PCB cost and equipment size.
Key Features of the New Product
- Small package (SSOP16) supports downsizing and cost reduction
- Can control two brushed DC motors or one stepping motor
- Abnormality detection functions (over current detection, thermal shutdown circuit, and under voltage lockout circuit) improve safety in driving motor
- Consumption current 0μA (typ.) in standby mode
- By adopting shoot-through current protection, the motor can be controlled without consideration for dead time in switching output between ON and OFF.
Power supply voltage
Power supply for motor drive: 2.5 to 15V
Logic power supply: 2.7 to 5.5V
(Absolute maximum rating)
Output ON resistance
(Sum of Upper and Lower)
|Constant current||Direct PWM|
 H bridge: A circuit formed by aligning transistors in an H form. Used to drive brushed DC motors and stepping motors with forward and reverse control.
Mixed Signal IC Sales & Marketing Department
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.