- Revenue of $99.3 million, an increase of 2.8% from $96.6 million in 1Q14 and an increase of 17.2% from $84.7 million in 2Q13.
- Net income of $0.10 per basic and diluted share, compared to net income of $0.10 per basic and diluted share in 1Q14 and net income of $0.04 per basic and diluted share in 2Q13.
- Gross margin of 55.4%, compared to 56.0% in 1Q14 and 53.3% in 2Q13.
HILLSBORO, Ore. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 24, 2014 — Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: LSCC), the leader in low power, small form factor and customizable solutions announced financial results today for the fiscal second quarter ended June 28, 2014.
For the second quarter, revenue was $99.3 million, an increase of 2.8% from $96.6 million reported in the prior quarter, and an increase of 17.2% from the $84.7 million reported in the same quarter a year ago.
Net income for the second quarter was $11.8 million ($0.10 per basic and diluted share), compared to the prior quarter net income of $12.0 million ($0.10 per basic and diluted share) and net income of $5.0 million ($0.04 per basic and diluted share) reported in the same quarter a year ago.
Darin G. Billerbeck, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "This was another solid quarter for us as we executed to our plan. Strength in communications and growth in the industrial markets more than offset sequential softness in the consumer market. We continue to accelerate our new products to market, reaffirming our leadership in providing the lowest power, smallest footprint and affordably innovative programmable solutions."
Joe Bedewi, Corporate Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, added, "Revenue and gross margin continue to be highlights, underscoring the strength of our business strategy. We achieved gross margins of 55.4% on a diversified revenue base, completely in sync with our stated strategy. The sequential increase in operating expenses was primarily due to an increase in variable compensation and severance costs. Our cash and investments increased approximately $22 million to end the second fiscal quarter with approximately $247 million in cash, cash equivalents and short-term marketable securities."
Recent Business Highlights:
- Major Product Launch: Lattice's new iCE40 Ultra™ FPGAs deliver 5x more functionality at 30% smaller size than competing solutions. Lattice has also reduced power by 75% over previous devices. Combined, these enable designers to give their systems more compact form factors and longer battery life, speeding customization of innovative features for mobile devices.
Business Outlook - Third Quarter 2014:
- Revenue is expected to be 8% to 12% lower on a sequential basis.
- Gross margin percentage is expected to be higher at approximately 56% plus or minus 2%.
- Total operating expenses are expected to be lower by approximately one million dollars on a sequential basis.
Investor Conference Call / Webcast Details:
Lattice Semiconductor will review the Company's financial results for the second quarter of 2014 and business outlook for the third quarter of 2014 on Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The conference call-in number is 1-888-286-6281 or 1-706-643-3761 with conference identification number 70246926. A live webcast of the conference call will also be available on Lattice's website at www.latticesemi.com. The Company's financial guidance will be limited to the comments on its public quarterly earnings call and the public business outlook statements contained in this press release.
A replay of the call will be available approximately two hours after the conclusion of the live call through 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on August 8, 2014, by telephone at 1-404-537-3406. To access the replay, use conference identification number 70246926. A webcast replay will also be available on Lattice's investor relations website at www.latticesemi.com.
Forward-Looking Statements Notice:
The foregoing paragraphs contain forward-looking statements that involve
estimates, assumptions, risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking
statements include statements relating to: our continued acceleration of
all new products to reaffirm our leadership in providing the lowest
power, smallest footprint and affordably innovative programmable
solutions; and those statements under the heading “Business Outlook -
Third Quarter 2014” relating to expected revenue, gross margin and total
operating expenses. Other forward-looking statements may be indicated by
words such as “will,” “could,” “should,” “would,” “expect,” “plan,”
“anticipate,” “intend,” “forecast,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,”
“propose,” “potential,” “continue” or the negative of these terms or
other comparable terminology. Lattice believes the factors identified
below could cause actual results to differ materially from the