Global Engineering Learning Experiences Go Social
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo (Argentina)
- Universidad Nacional de La Matanza (Argentina)
- Universidad Catholica de Córdoba (Argentina)
- Universidad Nacional de La Plata (Argentina)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista Júlio de Mesquita Filho (Brasil)
- Universidade Federal do Amazonas (Brasil)
- Nanjing University of Technology (China)
- Nanjing University of Science & Technology (China)
- Universidad de Antioquia (Colombia)
- Universidad EAFIT (Colombia)
- Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research (United Arab Emirates)
- Technical University Kaiserslautern (Germany)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Las Américas (Dominican Republic)
- Ecole Nationale d'Ingénieurs de Metz (France)
- UNIVERSIAPOLIS Ecole Polytechnique d'Agadir (Morocco)
- Universidad ESAN (Peru)
The success of the Global Factory program’s first two years has lead ENIM and the program’s other participants to plan an expansion of its disciplinary field in September 2014. Global Factory will become in its third year “Digital Farm” and will lead agronomy, mechanical, ergonomy, systems and industrial engineering students to rethink agricultural equipment in the context of a farming experience.
“Social, cloud-based collaboration was a key reason the Global Factory program over-achieved its goal,” said Pierre Chevrier, Director, ENIM. “In a dispersed environment, like ones real life engineers experience every day, social networking technologies are mandatory for successful innovation. This is a fundamental competency that every engineer needs to succeed in today’s multi-cultural business world.”
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform’s 3DSWYM social application is essential to the project. Thanks to this social innovation environment, students are able to share ideas, ask questions, install applications and access training materials anytime, anywhere. Working together across international groups with different native languages, across dispersed time zones, is a challenge to complex innovation projects. Global Factory provides participants with experiential learning opportunities to understand and develop this competence.
“Innovation and collaboration are, at their hearts, social activities. Social collaboration is an essential global engineering practice. ENIM’s Global Factory program illustrates how our 3DEXPERIENCE platform is perfectly suited to transfer such competitive practices into a student’s learning experience,” said Philippe Forestier, Executive Vice President, Global Affairs, Dassault Systèmes. “This is the future of education and we are proud to help forward thinking universities, such as ENIM and its partners, implement it.”
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 190,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries.
CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, 3D VIA, 3DSWYM, BIOVIA, NETVIBES, 3DXCITE are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
+33 (0) 1 61 62 87 73
+33 (0) 1 61 62 84 21