OEM/ODM Customers Using Intel® Microarchitecture Can Now Leverage AIS DMS Services for High Performance Innovation, To Optimize All Aspects of New Product Development
IRVINE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — April 7, 2014 — American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS), the leading manufacturer and designer of open platform, operator interface panels and PC-based HMI systems announces their design for manufacturability services for product design, development and production services utilizing the new Atom™ processor E3845 (10 W Max TDP, 2M Cache, 1.91 GHz) from Intel. The 4th generation Intel® Atom™ processor, Bay Trail, provides high I/O connectivity, integrated memory controller, error correcting code (ECC), virtualization, and built-in security capabilities within a 10W thermal design power (TDP). The new E3845 system-on-chip (SoC) processor from Intel is designed for applications including highly efficient and dedicated image signal processing with secure content delivery, visually appealing HMI thin clients and mobile HMI devices. Other target scenarios will likely include in-vehicle HMI systems and industrial control and monitoring systems, such as AIS open, PC-based HMI systems.
HMI Operator Panels Powered by Intel Atom Processor, Bay Trail, and Windows Embedded 8 for IoT and M2M Communication (Photo: Business Wire)
AIS Open Embedded Computing Platforms Based On Intel® Atom™ Processor Provide Next Generation HMI Solutions for OEMs/ODMs and End-Users
Industry 4.0 technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications via wireless network or over the internet will drive new business opportunities for open based platforms from the enterprise to the plant floor. OEMs, ODMs and end-users will develop new machinery equipped with innovative AIS HMI PC-based control and monitoring solutions to capitalize on these opportunities to improve efficiencies and profits.
AIS offers an integrated suite of turnkey engineering and product management services completely in-house to facilitate these objectives. OEMs and ODMs can now turn to AIS to help them develop, design and manufacture new visualization and control and monitoring solutions for their next generation machinery and equipment. AIS comprehensive design for manufacturability capabilities include: electrical, software, mechanical, systems, video and vision, environmental and functional safety design.
AIS Operator Interface Panels and Intelligent HMI Systems Utilizing Intel® Atom™ Processor E3845 (Bay Trail) Features and Benefits
The 4th Generation Intel® Atom™ Processor, Bay Trail, is ideal for intelligent HMI systems—context-aware, securely managed embedded devices that connect seamlessly to networks, clouds and each other. Key features and benefits include:
- Extended Life Cycle Product Support: Protects intelligent HMI system investment by enabling extended product availability for OEM/ODM customers.
- System-on-chip (SoC): Single die on a single package delivers the high levels of integrated functionality needed for intelligent HMI system designs. One-chip solution helps save on bill of materials (BOM) cost and allows for smaller form factor over previous two-chip offerings.
- Advancements in Visual Processing Capabilities: Enables faster media conversions, stereoscopic 3D, immersive web browsing, enhanced HD video transcoding with Gen 7 graphics, and highly efficient image processing.
- Outstanding Integration of I/O Interfaces: Supports display interfaces with graphics processing, audio with digital signal processing, multiple storage types, and legacy embedded I/O. Provides interface expansion capabilities through industry-standard high-bandwidth interfaces such as PCI Express Gen 2.0, and Hi-speed USB 3.0 connectivity.
- Integrated, Highly Efficient and Dedicated Image Signal Processing: Saves time-to-market and helps reduce BOM cost by reducing and/or eliminating the need to develop custom ASICs/FPGAs to perform imaging functions. Applicable usages include HMI thin clients and mobile HMI panels.
- Graphics Turbo Capability: Delivers graphical performance throughput for demanding applications such as complex supervisory control (SCADA) and industrial visualization.
- Intel® AES-NI3 and Secure Boot: Hardware-assisted capabilities help secure endpoints, protect content and allow only chosen HMI software to run on the device.
- Very Low Standby Power: Enables very low power consumption for embedded solutions that spend significant time in sleep states, such as HMI thin clients and operator interface terminals.
- Integrated 64-bit Memory Controller: Features either one or two channels of up to 8 GB DDR3L system memory and optional ECC memory.
- Error Correcting Code (ECC): Detects multiple-bit memory errors and locates/corrects single-bit errors to keep an HMI system up and running without requiring system reset. Helps to enhance performance, uptime and autonomous operation.
- Intel® Virtualization Technology: Hardware-based Intel® Virtualization Technology provides near-native performance of virtualized workloads for greater reliability, security, investment protection, and flexible resource management.
- Operating Systems: Supports Microsoft Windows Embedded 8, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Embedded Compact 7, Linux, Android or Wind River VxWorks.