Show Highlights Include the Inaugural '6 About to Break' Competition, the Popular 'First Looks' Showcase, Appalooza Pavilion and Main Stage Presentations from Tech Influencers, Including Robert Scoble, Shel Israel and Robyn MillerFRAMINGHAM, Mass., March 24, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — IDG World Expo today unveiled the complete slate of features and highlights of Macworld/iWorld 2014, the one event that highlights the intersection of creativity and technology coming out of the Apple-products marketplace. This week in San Francisco, tens of thousands of attendees -- from app developers and enterprise IT professionals, to Apple-product consumers of all ages -- will gather at Macworld/iWorld to see cutting-edge new products and apps and to hear presentations from tech luminaries, including Robert Scoble, Shel Israel and Robyn Miller. Macworld/iWorld will take place in San Francisco from March 27-29 at Moscone Center North.
"This year's event is about celebrating and showcasing the innovation being driven by the Apple developer community -- the most passionate and creative technology ecosystem in the world," said Paul Kent, vice president and general manager of Macworld/iWorld. "On display will be some of the most cutting-edge apps, wearable devices, software and peripherals attendees have ever seen, including six of the hottest new products poised to break in 2014 as featured in our new '6 About to Break' contest. Finally, we'll have an army of technology experts and evangelists leading dozens of 'how to' and industry insight sessions that will help equip the next generation of innovators and inspire them to greatness."
Macworld/iWorld 2014 event highlights include:
- Inaugural "6 About to Break" Competition: Macworld/iWorld joins forces with SF New Tech to reveal the next big app, Apple-related accessory, software or utility poised to break out in the Apple-products marketplace with the first-ever '6 About to Break' competition. The six final products span mobile, wearables, home automation, 3D and social media, and include: AppPresser, Everypost, Glyph, MotionPortrait, Petcube and ReKognition. The "6 About to Break" finalists will battle it out in front of hundreds of Macworld/iWorld attendees and media on Macworld/iWorld's Second Stage on Thursday, March 27 from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. – where an overall winner will be chosen by an all-star panel of judges.
- Featured Speakers: Macworld/iWorld has announced its featured presenters: a keynote from Robert Scoble and Shel Israel, tech evangelists, writers and authors of "Age of Context: Mobile, Sensors, Data and the Future of Privacy"; an industry panel on the "State of Apple Technology", led by Jason Snell, senior VP and editorial director of IDG Consumer & SMB featuring leading tech analysts from iMore, Mashable, Wired, and Creative Strategies, Inc.; a featured presentation Q&A with Robyn Miller, Mac industry legend, computer gaming luminary and co-designer of one of the all-time best-selling computer games " Myst," co-founder of Cyan Worlds, and writer and director of "The Immortal Augustus Gladstone."
- Access to the Latest and Coolest Apps: In the Expo Hall, attendees can interact with and learn about the newest iOS and OS X innovations at Appalooza–one of the most popular areas on the show floor. Here, developers showcase hundreds of apps for a variety of categories such as productivity, gaming, IT, education, music production and photography. Attendees gain the rare chance to discover, explore and interact with apps first hand, while meeting the developers behind the technology. The '6 About to Break' finalists will also be showcasing their recognized next-generation technology innovations. Macworld/iWorld is also hosting a Silicon Valley iOS Developers Meet-up, open to everyone, on Friday, March 28 from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- First Looks: More than 100 products—many of which are making their debut in 2014—will be highlighted as part of Macworld/iWorld's First Looks program. With products on display in the lower lobby, First Looks showcases some of the newest and coolest solutions for Apple products and makes it easy for attendees to find the very latest innovations available in the Expo Hall. Check out all the First Looks products at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/first-looks.
- More than 50 Tech Talks: Learn the latest on OS X Mavericks, iOS and the technology landscape with more than 50 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations, and tips and tricks. Learning opportunities will cover topics such as iLife, iWork, Apple Mail, iCloud, Bitcoin, NSA, fitness technology and wearables.
- Insight and Training from Macworld Editors: Macworld editors take to the Main Stage with a series of insightful presentations, including Jason Snell's "The State of Apple 2014" address; Dan Moren and Serenity Caldwell take you inside "iOS Central: iOS 7 Tips and Tricks of the Trade"; and Jeff Carlson shows attendees how to shoot like the pros in "Create: Photo and Video Workflows from Mobile to Desktop."
- Expo Hall: A dynamic expo floor featuring hundreds of companies showcasing the latest in software, hardware, peripherals, accessories and applications for the Apple products platform. A full list of exhibitors can be found at http://macworldiworld.com/expo-hall.
Attendees will have access to hundreds of shopping deals available at exhibitor booths throughout the Expo Hall, including show special product offers available exclusively to Macworld/iWorld attendees. More than 50 companies will offer special pricing on many of the newest products for the Apple marketplace. Check out all the Shop Macworld/iWorld deals at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/expo-hall/show-specials.
- Passbook & iBeacon Technology Demonstrations: Using Passbook and iBeacon technology through partnerships with Twocanoes Software and Passjoy.com, Macworld/iWorld 2014 attendees will be able to quickly and effortlessly check-in at the event using Passbook technology on their iPhones. Attendees will also have an opportunity to take part in the first official iBeacon Scavenger Hunt using Passbook technology. The "30 Years of the Mac" themed scavenger hunt will take attendees through a series of clues found on posters throughout the Expo Hall. Participants who collect all four beacon-enabled passes will receive a gift and will be entered into a drawing for a MacMania cruise to the British Isles.
- Macworld Magazine "Best of Show Awards": Presented by Macworld Magazine, the "Best of Show Awards" will recognize the best products making their debut at the show. Submissions have closed, but more information is available at http://www.macworld.com/article/2090508/macworld/macworld/iworld-2014-best-of-show-call-for-submissions.html. Winners will be announced on Friday, March 28 at the event.
- Trunx: Named the 'Official Photo Sharing App' for the IDG Macworld/iWorld, Trunx is an all-in-one photo app that lets anyone snap, organize and share photos while instantaneously storing them safely in the cloud. Attendees can download and use Trunx to capture photos and videos from the show floor and share them in real time with other Apple enthusiasts with a new feature launching at Macworld/iWorld called SharedPix™ -- helping to collaborate all the best moments all in one place.
- Macworld/iWorld 2014 Show App: Macworld/iWorld has released an updated and improved Macworld/iWorld Mobile Event app, developed by Active Network, Inc. The comprehensive iPhone/iPad app allows users to find detailed info about sessions, check out speaker bios, explore the exhibitor list and navigate the show floor. The app is now available as a free download in the App Store.
To be a part of the excitement at Macworld/iWorld 2014, register for a conference pass at http://macworldiworld.com/register . The event offers different types of passes to fit the interests of just about anyone—from the hardcore enterprise IT professional to the casual Apple family—with passes starting as low as $25 if purchased prior to the event.