November 21, 2013 - OPEN MIND Technologies USA, Inc. has released hyperMILL® 2013.2 to new customers and those with active service agreements. This release follows a consistent approach by OPEN MIND to provide enhancements across all product functions ranging from 2.5D through 5-axis and mill-turn.
Some of the highlights in the 2013 release include:
- hyperMAXX® high performance roughing (based on Volumill™ kernel offered for 2D pocketing, in addition to existing high performance roughing applications in 3-axis arbitrary stock roughing and 5-axis shape offset roughing.
- dedicated rib machining strategies
- advanced turning performance and controls for hard materials and ceramic inserts
- Smooth link connections applied to drilling, multi-axis drilling, indexed face milling and other strategies. These link connection moves have collision protection and are performed at high feedrate to improve the performance of the machine compared to frequent switching into rapid modes.
- increased utilization of barrel cutters that allow larger step-downs and still achieve smooth surface finish
hyperMILL 2013.2 also includes the continued progression of hyperCAD-S® 2013.2, a specifically developed software to provide a CAD for CAM front-end for hyperMILL, in addition to integrated solutions with popular CAD systems Dassault Systemes SolidWorks® and Autodesk Inventor®.
American customers with maintenance contracts will soon be invited to Informational Webinar to explain the added functions. The rollout process in other countries is managed locally.
About OPEN MIND Technologies
OPEN MIND Technologies AG is a leading developer of CAD/CAM software and postprocessors for designing and manufacturing complex parts. OPEN MIND offers an extensive range of products, from 2D feature-oriented solutions for milling standard parts through to software for 5-axis simultaneous machining. With over 14,000 licenses sold across the automotive, tool and mould manufacturing, mechanical engineering and aerospace industries, OPEN MIND Technologies AG is represented in all the key markets around the world. OPEN MIND Technologies AG is a subsidiary of Man and Machine ( www.mum.de).
For further information, please contact
OPEN MIND Technologies USA, Inc.
1492 Highland Avenue, Unit 3
Needham MA 02492 USA
Tel.: + 1 (888) 516 1232
Fax: + 1 (270) 912 5822