October 7, 2013 - JETCAM International s.a.r.l. was recently announced as the winner in the ‘Innovation in Manufacture’ category of the coveted Composite UK Trade Association awards for its CrossTrack Composite Manufacturing Suite.
CrossTrack tracks material, material life, plies, kits, parts, nests and orders - all in real time. It provides complete traceability from the finished part right back to the roll or rolls, and also delivers full material, ply and kit life traceability. Already in use by several global companies such as Bombardier Aerospace, CrossTrack delivers benefits across all departments involved, from material delivery through to layup. Key benefits include:
- Eliminate waste due to material no longer going out of life due to newer material erroneously being used first
- Further waste reductions due to highly optimised nests
- Tight integration to JETCAM’s award-winning nesting software, allowing dynamic ‘just in time’ nesting
- Data is entered just once and follows material/plies/parts/orders/nests, reducing duplication of effort and potential for errors
- All information is live, allowing the production manager to forward plan cutting schedules much better
- Full traceability, with user logging and comments against every process
- Nests can be optimised for material efficiency, grouped by plies/orders or a mix of the two
- Common interface for all relevant staff, with only the functions available to the staff that need them
Dr Sue Halliwell, Operations Manager of Composites UK commented; “Our innovation awards showcase companies who go the extra mile to develop the technology and skills needed to highlight the UK as major player in the sector. We congratulate JETCAM on winning the category ‘Innovation in Manufacture’ for their Crosstrack software suite which will help improve manufacturing efficiency in terms of resource use and cost effectiveness.”
Martin Bailey, General Manager for JETCAM International s.a.r.l. added; “We are delighted that CrossTrack has been recognised as being a real game changer for composite manufacturing companies so soon after the product’s release. The interest we've had in CrossTrack has already been phenomenal, and we’re looking forward to helping both small and large composite manufacturers to streamline their manufacturing processes.”
For more information visit www.jetcam.com
--- End ---
About JETCAM International s.a.r.l.
JETCAM International has been developing and distributing its JETCAM Expert range of CADCAM software since 1986. In use in over 80 countries worldwide, JETCAM Expert software supports virtually every CNC punching, laser, plasma, routing, waterjet and flatbed cutting machine available today, allowing users to program any combination of CNC machines with a single CAM system. CrossTrack was developed for both sheet metal and composites users, and tracks material, material life, components (plies), assemblies (kits), orders and nests - all in real time. The company’s products have received various accolades and awards due to its high level of automation and fast return on investment.
JETCAM International s.a.r.l.
9 Boulevard Charles III
Tel: +44 (0)870 760 6469
E-mail: Email Contact