Waltham, MA, October 1 2013 —3Dconnexion®, the global leader in advanced 3D navigation devices, is proud to announce SpaceMouse® Wireless, the world’s first wireless 3D mouse.
For the first time, SpaceMouse Wireless combines 3Dconnexion’s 6-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) sensor with 3Dconnexion 2.4 GHz wireless technology to deliver the reliability of a wired device, without the clutter of cords.
The SpaceMouse Wireless battery lasts up to one month1 and when it does need recharging, simply connect the supplied micro-USB cable and continue working.
“We are excited to introduce SpaceMouse Wireless, the world’s first wireless 3D mouse,” said Antonio Pascucci, vice president of products at 3Dconnexion. “It’s designed to meet the evolving needs of 3D software users by combining 3Dconnexion’s superior 3D navigation experience with optimized 2.4GHz wireless technology for a real-time connection to digital 3D content and a clutter-free desktop.”
Like other 3Dconnexion products, SpaceMouse Wireless allows users to smoothly position 3D content or camera views while simultaneously using the standard mouse as a pointing device to select, create and edit. The end result is a more rewarding 3D experience, proven productivity gains and a reduction in the risk of repetitive strain injuries.
The 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Wireless is compatible with Windows, OS X and Linux and offers the following benefits:
● Six-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) navigation. Gently manipulate the SpaceMouse Wireless’ controller cap to simultaneously pan, zoom and rotate digital models or viewports.
● 3Dconnexion 2.4GHz wireless technology with micro-USB receiver (included) for a discreet and reliable connection.
● One month battery life. The SpaceMouse Wireless’ lithium-ion polymer battery lasts up to one month1. When it does need recharging, simply connect the micro-USB cable (included) and continue working.
● Ease of use. Each of the SpaceMouse Wireless’ two conveniently positioned buttons open their own on-screen radial menu for mouse click access to application commands.
● Modern design. The SpaceMouse Wireless sports a small footprint, high-quality construction and a stylish brushed steel base.
1 Battery life of up to 1 month is based on 8 hours use per day, 5 days per week
Pricing and Availability
SpaceMouse Wireless has a suggested retail price of $129 and is available immediately from professional CAD resellers and major online resellers.