Use Semu with Xilinx KC705 and VC707 Evaluation Kits for High-Speed Verification
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 5, 2013 — Bluespec, Inc. today announced that its affordable, easy-to-use desktop emulation software, Semu, supports Xilinx 7 series All Programmable FPGAs and the Vivado® Design Suite. Support for Xilinx Kintex®-7 KC705 and Virtex®-7 VC707 Evaluation Kits is available now and support for additional boards and devices will follow.
Semu Capabilities Enabled with Xilinxs Latest Silicon and Tools
- Delivers emulation speeds at simulation prices using the latest Xilinx 7 series FPGAs, which scale across low-cost and ultra high-end.
- Supports Xilinx Kintex-7 KC705 and Virtex-7 VC707 Evaluation Kits to enable high-speed verification of RTL designs up to 3.5 million gates.* Support for larger capacity boards will follow.
- Works with the Xilinx Vivado Design Suite to provide consistent design-under-test (DUT) integration into FPGA boards.
About Semu Desktop Emulation
Individual ASIC and FPGA developers, including architects, modelers, designers and even verification engineers, have been limited primarily to simulation and, for the adventurous, home-grown FPGA-based solutions. For these users, Semu brings together the power of FPGAs and C to deliver Desktop Emulation, a high-speed verification and hybrid prototyping solution targeted to their capacity, budget and productivity needs. Key features:
- High-speed verification and hybrid prototyping solution for Verilog designs in an affordable, desktop form factor.
- Connect, Build & Go gets you up and running in less than a day.
- Build automation connects designs to the host and provides a C API for easy integration of SystemC/C/C++ models and test benches.
- Dynamic debugging enables iterations in minutes, instead of hours or days, by eliminating the requirement to re-instrument and re-synthesize. Semu provides dynamic visibility and hardware breakpoint capability against the register state in FPGA emulation at any time.
* KC705 and VC707 support 4.9M and 7.3M raw ASIC gates, respectively (the assumption is 1 Logic Cell = ~15 ASIC Gates). Gate count capacities depend on design and utilization. Using a conservative assumption of gate count and utilization, the boards are capable of supporting ~2.3M and ~3.5M ASIC gates, respectively.
Contact George Harper, Bluespecs vice president of marketing, for more details. He can be reached at (781) 250-2200 or via email at Email Contact.
Bluespec technologies and solutions enable the earliest use of emulation and FPGA-based prototyping for high-speed modeling, verification and pre-silicon software development. Bluespec provides Emulation Tools, Emulation IP and High-Level Synthesis Tools. More information can be found on www.bluespec.com or by calling (781) 250-2200.
Copyright 2013 Bluespec, Inc. Bluespec is a registered trademark and The Synthesizable Modeling Company, Connect, Build and Go and Semu are trademarks of Bluespec, Inc. Xilinx, Vivado, Kintex and Virtex are registered trademarks of Xilinx, Inc.
George Harper, 781-250-2200
Vice President of Marketing