Xilinx Participation at NIWeek 2013:
- Keynote Panel by Victor Peng, Senior Vice President of Programmable Platforms Group – Tuesday, August 6 at 8:30 a.m.
Xilinx Senior Vice President, Programmable Platforms Group, Victor Peng will join NI executives and customers to highlight the newest ways designers can accelerate productivity and innovation.
- Graphical System Design Achievement Awards – Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Xilinx and NI to co-honor cutting-edge products based on NI software and hardware with the All Programmable Innovation Award at the Graphical System Design Achievement Awards 2013.
- ARM® processor-based Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoCs, and FPGA demonstrations at the Embedded Control and Monitoring Pavilion
Xilinx® All Programmable SoCs and FPGAs will be at the heart of the multiple demos at NIWeek 2013, indicative of momentum for highly integrated smart and secure SoC and FPGA devices offering hardware, software and I/O programmability – all paramount to lower BOM costs, lower NRE costs, lower design risk and faster time to market. Demonstrations include:
- 3D Gears for Industrial Platforms – Factory line processing "pick and place" demonstration featuring two 3-axis stages and smarter vision to guide rotary "gears" equipped with electromagnets to pick and place ball bearings from rotary stages. Also includes rotary RGB LED display on gears.
- Smarter Machines for Semiconductor Processing – Intelligent testing and sorting handler for silicon chips (SOIC or SMD packages), featuring vision-guided motion in a high-performance machine.
- CompactRIO Interactive Experience – 3D interactive experience via a 103" touch screen that allows users to explore CompactRIO from the inside out. 3D model rotates around the CompactRIO and drills into the PCB board with interactive call-outs to learn more about specific features and components.
- Technical Presentations
Building Smarter Systems with 'All-Programmable' SoCs – Tuesday, August 6, 1:00 p.m.
This session will highlight how All Programmable SoCs infuse intelligence into today's embedded systems. The All Programmable architecture allows users to add both intelligence to and drastically speed up their systems by being able to program additional data processing and system functionality into the device. The Xilinx SoC platform enables users to enhance and expand the life of their system, while lowering BOM cost, increasing system performance and lowering overall system power.
Creating Vision Algorithms in FPGA – Wednesday, August 7, 10:30 a.m.
The parallel nature of FPGAs lets you accelerate many types of image processing algorithm, and can dramatically reduce processing time compared to CPU implementations. Review tools and techniques for creating image-processing algorithms for FPGAs using LabVIEW FPGA and high-level-synthesis tools such as the LabVIEW FPGA IP Builder.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Zynq, Vivado and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. ARM is a registered trademark of ARM in the EU and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Silvia E. Gianelli
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.