"At E3 this week, AMD demonstrated why it is at the core of gaming," said Bernd Lienhard, corporate vice president and general manager, Client Products Division at AMD. "The new FX 5 GHz processor is an emphatic performance statement to the most demanding gamers seeking ultra-high resolution experiences including AMD Eyefinity technology. This is another proud innovation for AMD in delivering the world's first commercially available 5 GHz processor."
"AMD continues to push the envelope when it comes to desktop capabilities and power performance," said Wallace Santos, CEO and founder of MAINGEAR. "In unveiling the world's first 5 GHz 8-core CPU, AMD continues to lead the way in innovation while providing our customers with a best-in-class experience. We are thrilled to be part of this exciting launch."
The new 5 GHz FX-9590 and 4.7 GHz FX-9370 feature the "Piledriver" architecture, are unlocked for easy overclocking and pave the way for enthusiasts to enjoy higher CPU speeds and related performance gains(1). Additionally, these processors feature AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology to dynamically optimize performance across CPU cores and enable maximum computing for the most intensive workloads.
AMD was the first to break the 1 GHz barrier in May of 2000 and continues to set the standard in technology innovation including the first Windows compatible 64-bit PC processor and the first native dual-core and quad-core processors. AMD also introduced the first APU (unifying CPU and Radeon graphics on the same chip) and the first x86 quad-core SoC, continuing forward with HSA architectures and programming models.
The new AMD FX CPUs will be available from system integrators globally beginning this summer. Two models will be available:
- FX-9590: Eight "Piledriver" cores, 5 GHz Max Turbo
- FX-9370: Eight "Piledriver" cores, 4.7 GHz Max Turbo
- Check out the AMD FX Family of CPUs here
- Visit our ' Be Invincible' landing page for more information on the APU Advantage
- Read AMD Blogs for more details on why AMD is the Core of Gaming
- Watch AMD APU demos on the AMD YouTube Channel
- Follow all the news from AMD on Twitter: @AMD
- Join AMD on Facebook
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) AMD's product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD software.
Contact: Kristen Lisa AMD Public Relations (512) 602-6020 Email Contact