McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Suites Uniquely Deliver Hardware-Enhanced Security and Real-Time Security Management
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 28, 2013 — McAfee introduced two new suites: McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection – Enterprise, and McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection – Business. These suites are the first to link security from chip to OS to applications, protecting against new threat vectors and bringing critical visibility to risk management. The suites are the first to include McAfee Deep Defender, a rootkit protection based on hardware-enhanced security jointly developed by Intel and McAfee, dynamic whitelisting, risk intelligence, and real-time security management. By including mobile device management and support for Macs and Linux, McAfee suites help businesses of all sizes protect devices, data and applications.
Security staff will benefit by the extended span of coverage managed within a single console. IT administrators can see efficient installation in minutes, not hours, to ease deployment. End users benefit from higher performance scanning that minimizes the potential overhead of effective protection. Competitive pricing meets the needs of budget-minded buyers while delivering significant value for customers with mission-critical security needs. Finally, new incentives and affordable pricing engage the channel to help businesses with different budgets to adopt these unique products for protection and performance.
New Threats Demand a New Standard of Protection
Modern threats start with an ever-increasing stream of phishing, malicious web pages, rootkits, and compromised devices. These initial contacts can turn into persistent, multi-stage, targeted attacks. The explosion of devices multiplies the chance of an attack affecting the mobile workforce, who can unknowingly endanger the business and systems when reconnecting to the corporate network. McAfee tackles these obstacles with its Complete Endpoint Protection suites that target every phase of stealthy malware and persistent attacks.
Tested and Proven
Dynamic and distributed organizations, especially those with stringent requirements to safeguard data as well as verify and report on regulatory compliance, can rest assured since the new McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection suites include some of the most highly-ranked security technology in the industry. In comparative testing done by AV-Test, McAfee software scored 100% in rootkit protection with McAfee Deep Defender. In the 2013 Corporate Endpoint Protection Group Test by NSS Labs, McAfee software received the highest score in defending against exploit and evasion attacks. Also, in a study conducted by West Coast Labs, McAfee software scored 100% in malware protection with the combination of McAfee Application Control, McAfee VirusScan® Enterprise, and McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention, three of the central products in the McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection—Enterprise suites.
Below are just a few of the many capabilities offered by products included in the McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection suites:
- Real Time for McAfee ePO—uses a specialized design and best practice questions and actions within the workflow to help every administrator understand their security posture up to 1,000 times faster than any other means, and take action easily and immediately to manage potential risks.
- McAfee® Enterprise Mobility Management (McAfee EMM)—mobile device management and mobile data security are fully integrated with the McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee ePO) platform environment. With ePO, customers can use a single pane of glass and policy environment to manage all endpoints, including the suites’ multi-platform package of smartphones, tablets, Macs, Windows, and Linux. To read the full EMM press release, also announced today, click here.
- McAfee Deep Defender—endpoints are protected from stealthy attacks through jointly developed Intel and McAfee hardware-enhanced security that goes beyond the operating system, protecting where traditional security tools can’t reach.
- McAfee Application Control for PCs—dynamic whitelisting for laptops and desktops reduces the chance of infection or disruption by containing the applications a user can run, including preventing malware from executing. The technology has been shown by West Coast Labs to offer 100% protection rates with very low system overhead.
- McAfee Risk Advisor—helps administrators instantly see which assets are at highest risk so they can protect the most essential assets first and accurately.
“A few years ago, McAfee created the first security suites. We remain a
market leader in what is estimated by IDC to be a $2B market in 20131.
That’s more than half of all endpoint security sales,” said Candace
Worley, senior vice president and general manager of endpoint security
at McAfee. “Now, through performance and automation enhancements to our
existing market-leading defenses and integration of distinctive and
compelling new protections, McAfee suites again define a new level of
endpoint protection—one that is firing on all cylinders: speed,
security, simplicity, and value.”