- Revenue of $14.1 billion
- Enterprise Solutions, Services and Software revenue up 12 percent
- GAAP earnings of $0.07 per share; non-GAAP earnings of $0.21 per share
ROUND ROCK, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 16, 2013 — Dell today announced fiscal 2014 first quarter results, with revenue of $14.1 billion, as the company grew revenue from Enterprise Solutions, Services and Software 12 percent year over year to $5.5 billion, or 8 percent growth, excluding the acquisition of Quest Software. Pricing adjustments that affected gross margins and continued acquisition-related costs in the quarter resulted in GAAP earnings of $0.07 per share and non-GAAP earnings of $0.21 per share.
“We made progress in building our enterprise solutions capabilities in the first quarter and are confident in our strategy to be the leading provider of end-to-end scalable solutions,” said Brian Gladden, Dell chief financial officer. “In addition, we have taken actions to improve our competitive position in key areas of the business, especially in end-user computing, and it has affected profitability. We’ll also continue to make important investments to support our strategy and drive long-term profitability.”
- Revenue in the quarter was $14.1 billion, a 2 percent decrease from the previous year.
- GAAP operating income for the quarter was $226 million, or 1.6 percent of revenue. Non-GAAP operating income was $590 million, or 4.2 percent of revenue.
- GAAP earnings per share in the quarter was 7 cents, down 81 percent from the previous year; non-GAAP EPS was 21 cents, down 51 percent.
- Cash used in operations in the quarter was $39 million. On a trailing, 12-month basis, Dell has generated $3.4 billion in cash flow. Dell ended the quarter with $13.2 billion in cash and investments.
Fiscal-Year 2014 First Quarter Results
|Operating Income (GAAP)||$||226||$||824||(73||)%|
|Net Income (GAAP)||$||130||$||635||(79||)%|
|Operating Income (non-GAAP)||$||590||$||1,010||(42||)%|
|Net Income (non-GAAP)||$||372||$||761||(51||)%|