Boosts Performance and Security in Small-to-Medium Sized Business and Enterprise NetworksLAS VEGAS, May 7, 2013 — (PRNewswire) — Interop 2013
- Integrated networking interfaces and IOs reduce design complexity and speed time-to-market
- Unified platform architecture reduces research and development costs
- Flexible acceleration to offload complex control plane tasks
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced a new line of highly integrated, low-power control plane processor Systems-on-a-Chip (SoCs) optimized for small-to-medium sized business (SMBs) and enterprise networks. The StrataGX™ BCM58525 Series, with dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 processors running at up to 1.2 GHz, delivers the performance and security features necessary to manage SMB cloud-based services such as video conferencing, collaboration and surveillance, while reducing overall system power consumption. For more news, visit Broadcom's Newsroom.
Rising demand for cloud-based services in SMB and enterprise networks combined with the requirement to deliver compact, low-power equipment is driving the need for higher efficiency control plane processors at the network edge and aggregation layer. The StrataGX BCM58525 Series is ideal for demanding applications where power and real estate is at a premium, while providing advanced security features including IEEE MAC Security standard, also known as MACsec, cryptographic engines, an additional embedded ARM coprocessor and Secure Boot to protect the network from external threats.
"Our latest StrataGX Series provides the integration, efficiency and advanced security features necessary to meet current and future network control plane traffic demands," said Ed Redmond, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager, Compute and Connectivity. "By providing a companion device using the same core and software as the integrated processors in our StrataConnect™ and StrataXGS® devices, our customers can deliver higher performance, lower power solutions while leveraging existing investments."
The highly integrated StrataGX BCM58525 Series delivers the following key benefits:
- Widely adopted dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processors deliver 20 percent higher performance1
- Integrated 10/100/1000M PHYs reduce bill of material cost and power
- Programmable accelerator offloads CPU for packet handling tasks delivering line-rate performance
- Integrated cryptographic accelerator provides 2 Gbps IPsec performance
- Dedicated packet buffer subsystem increases aggregate processor speed by 20 percent or more1
- Leverages common architecture with StrataConnect/StrataXGS enabling software re-use
- Linux Development Kit (LDK) improves engineering productivity and reduces design complexity
- Complete reference design including schematics, tools and software to enable faster time to market
- Extends industry's broadest control plane processor portfolio including the feature-rich high performance, 64-bit dual core, quad-threaded, quad-issue XLP-200 Series
The BCM58525 Series is now sampling with volume production slated for 4Q 2013. The BCM58525 Series is offered with a complete reference design platform available immediately. See Broadcom's complete portfolio of networking solutions for the data center and enterprise at Interop 2013 booth #2039.
1As compared to previous generation StrataGX devices
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo, StrataXGS®, StrataConnect™ and StrataGX™ are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Public Relations Manager
Senior Director, Investor Relations
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Infrastructure & Networking
BRCM Infrastructure & Networking