Piccolo F2806xU MCUs are perfect for motor control systems, renewable energy and power applicationsHOUSTON, Jan. 17, 2013 — (PRNewswire) — Helping customers develop end products requiring on-site connectivity, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced its newest 32-bit, real-time C2000™ Piccolo™ F2806xU microcontrollers (MCU) with integrated USB connectivity.
In many applications, such as consumer and industrial motor control systems, industrial power systems, telecom and data systems, wind and solar energy generation and general power electronic applications, being able to access diagnostics and make on-the-go changes in the field is critical. With the Piccolo F2806xU MCU, TI customers can easily incorporate USB connectivity into their applications.
Features and benefits of Piccolo F2806xU MCUs:
- Integrated USB 2.0 and CAN peripherals for on-the-go communications in the field.
- 12-bit, 3 MSPS, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with simultaneous, dual sampling and on-chip voltage reference yield quick and accurate system feedback.
- Three high-speed analog comparators with 30ns response time promote near instantaneous fault responsiveness.
- C-programmable, 32-bit floating-point CLA co-processor included with F2806x Piccolo™ MCUs bolsters system performance by up to twofold and enables closed loop control of multiple independent targets. The CLA has direct control of on-chip peripherals and features its own bus and memory structure to support parallel execution of algorithms.
- In addition to the C28x core and CLA, the Viterbi Complex Math Unit (VCU) provides 75 tailored math instructions to accelerate processing of communications algorithms.
- Code compatibility across the C2000 MCU platform allows developers to scale solutions from 40 MHz to 300 MHz.
Tools, software, training and support
C2000's flexible and modular design concepts allow developers to experiment with various C2000 microcontrollers to fit price, performance and peripheral feature set requirements. Development tools for the F2806xU microcontrollers are available and include: $39 controlSTICK ( TMDX28069USB), $59 controlCARD ( TMDXCNCD28069) and $99 Experimenter's Kit ( TMDXDOCK28069). Application-specific motor control and digital power development kits, featuring the DRV8x motor drivers and digital power integrated circuits (ICs), are also available now. controlSUITE software provides open source software, example projects, hardware schematics, easy-to-use demonstration GUIs, and documentation. It is free and can be accessed immediately. All of these tools and software, combined with online training and online support make development easy and get products to market more quickly.
Pricing and availability
The F2806xU Piccolo microcontrollers start at $4.95 in 1k volumes and offer various configurations to meet a variety of performance, memory, peripheral and package size requirements.
Find out more about TI's C2000 solutions by visiting the links below:
- C2000 MCU page: www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-lp2
- controlSUITE software: www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-lp1
- TI's microcontroller portfolio: http://www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-lp3
- TI estore: http://www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-es
- TI e2e community: http://www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-e2e
TI's broad portfolio of microcontrollers (MCUs) and software
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP MCUs, to ARM Cortex™-M MCUs to real-time control C2000™ MCUs, and Hercules™ safety ARM Cortex-R MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
C2000, Piccolo, controlCARD, controlSTICK and controlSUITE are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
|Texas Instruments Incorporated
Christi Davidson, GolinHarris
Patty Arellano, Texas Instruments
Email Contact (Please do not publish these numbers or email addresses.)