Henderson, NV - November 5, 2012 – Aldec, Inc. announced the release of its mixed language advanced verification platform, Riviera-PRO™ 2012.10. The release delivers numerous stability and performance improvements, support for the latest versions of industry-standard SystemVerilog verification libraries, new language constructs, new debugging tools, and improved interfaces to other industry leading EDA tools.
Riviera-PRO delivers a 20% VHDL simulation performance gain over previous releases. “We keep developing and delivering not only new productivity features, but also innovative core engine optimizations to boost simulation performance in VHDL and SystemVerilog to support the complexity and capacity of today’s designs,” said Mariusz Dykierek, Aldec R&D Project Manager. “Easy-to-use debugging tools and a powerful mixed language simulation engine are in high demand. Aldec continues to help our customers reduce design cost and time and bring their products to market quickly.”
Highlights of Riviera-PRO 2012.10:
Core Simulation Engine
- Simulation performance improvements – VHDL simulation now up to 20% faster!
- New language constructs in SystemVerilog’2009 and VHDL’2008
- Support for the latest verification libraries – UVM 1.1c, SystemC 2.3.0, OS-VVM™
- Increase Stability on large multi-million gate designs
Framework and Productivity
- Waveform enhanced for displaying of composite objects (virtual arrays)
- Possibility to rename objects in the waveform, and context search
- Additional operations using the drag-n-drop method
3rd Party Interfaces
- The new way to use MATLAB co-simulation interface – Invoke Riviera-PRO from MATLAB
- The latest precompiled simulation libraries for Altera and Xilinx FPGAs
- Compatibility with the latest release of Xilinx Vivado™ Design Suite supporting Virtex-7
- FSDB updated to the version 5.0 – Compatible with Verdi3 2012.07
Complete list of new features and enhancements:
“What’s New” presentation:
Riviera-PRO 2012.10 is available today. Download the latest release from http://www.aldec.com/downloads. Current customers with valid maintenance receive the release at no additional cost.
Aldec Inc., headquartered in Henderson, Nevada, is an industry leader in Electronic Design Verification and offers a patented technology suite including: RTL Design, RTL Simulators, Hardware-Assisted Verification, Design Rule Checking, IP Cores, DO-254 Functional Verification and Military/Aerospace solutions. www.aldec.com
Aldec is a registered trademark of Aldec, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.