Series 2600B offers new features to enhance productivity from R&D to production test
Cleveland, Ohio -- September 17, 2012 -- Keithley Instruments, Inc., a world leader in advanced electrical test instruments and systems, has introduced three new economical source measurement unit (SMU) instruments suited for benchtop and R&D applications to its Series 2600B System SourceMeter SMU Instrument line, which now includes new capabilities that enhance productivity and ease of use. The test and measurement industry's most powerful, fastest, and highest resolution SMU instruments now provide 6½-digit resolution, software emulation of Keithley's widely installed Model 2400 SourceMeter instrument, and USB 2.0 connectivity. For more information on the Series 2600B line, visit www.keithley.com/data?asset=52028.
Three New Dual-Channel Models Offer Industry-Best Value and Performance
For researchers, educators, R&D engineers, and others who must deal with ever-tighter instrumentation budgets, Keithley has added three high value, dual-channel SMUs to the Series 2600B line. The new Models 2604B, 2614B, and 2634B are optimized for benchtop research, product development, student labs, and other settings where tightly integrated operation and high accuracy are important, but leading-edge, system-level test automation is not. With these new models customized to the needs of these users, Keithley extends its leadership in SMU instruments. These new SMUs are also priced to fit as easily into a researcher's budget as they do onto a benchtop.
New Features Enhance Industry-Leading Productivity
The Series 2600B SMU line offers both single- and dual-channel models that combine the capabilities of a precision power supply, true current source, 6½-digit multimeter, arbitrary waveform generator, pulse generator, and electronic load in one tightly integrated instrument. The result is a powerful range of solutions that offers industry-leading productivity in applications ranging from benchtop I-V characterization to highly automated production test.
The Series 2600B line provides a variety of features that enhance its performance and make it easier to use:
- 6½-digit measurement resolution. This allows Series 2600B instruments to provide industry-leading resolution (up to 0.1fA for the Models 2635B and 2636B), which is 100x greater than the closest industry competition. This higher level of resolution lets users discern smaller changes in their measurements, so Series 2600B instruments can provide for more complete characterization.
- Model 2400 software emulation. The Series 2600B is compatible with test code developed for Keithley's Model 2400 SourceMeter SMU instrument, which has been an industry standard for more than 15 years. This enables an easier upgrade from Model 2400-based test systems to Series 2600B, and can improve overall test times by as much as 80%. In addition, it provides a migration path from SCPI programming to Keithley's TSP technology, which can improve test times even more. For complete support of legacy test systems, the Model 2400's Source-Memory List test command sequencer is also fully supported.
- USB communications with an external controller. A back-panel USB 2.0 connector expands the interface options available for communicating with an external PC. Series 2600B instruments give users the widest variety of PC communication busses from which to choose: USB, LAN/LXI, GPIB, and RS 232. The addition of the USB connector offers users the flexibility to choose quick, economical, and easy-to-set-up PC communications.
- Embedded Plug & Play I-V Testing. Series 2600B instruments are the only SMU instruments on the market that can offer embedded, Java-based test software that supports true plug-and-play I-V characterization through any web browser, on any computer, from anywhere in the world. This built-in software boosts productivity across a wide range of applications, including R&D, student labs, quality assurance/failure analysis, and many others. Users can easily make a web connection to a Series 2600B instrument with the supplied LAN cable, open a browser, enter the instrument's IP address, and begin characterizing materials or components immediately. Results can be downloaded to a spreadsheet for further analysis or imported into a document or presentation.
Built-in Tools for High Speed Test Automation
The Series 2600B line builds upon the capabilities of its predecessor, the Series 2600A line, with which it is fully backward compatible. Key productivity features include the Series 2600B’s onboard Test Script Processor (TSP®), which embeds complete test programs into non-volatile memory within the instrument itself to provide the industry's highest test throughput by eliminating the GPIB traffic problems common to systems dependent on an external PC controller. In addition, for large, multi-channel applications, Keithley's TSP-Link® inter-unit communication and expansion bus works in tandem with the TSP to enable high speed, SMU-per-pin parallel testing. Because Series 2600B instrument channels are fully isolated and do not require a mainframe, they can be easily re-configured and re-deployed as new test applications are developed.
Pricing and Availability
Sales of the Series 2600B line will begin immediately and units will ship within two weeks ARO. US list prices of the instruments in the Series 2600B line are:
- Model 2601B single-channel version (40V, 100fA, 3A DC/10A Pulse): $6,000
- Model 2602B dual-channel version (40V, 100fA, 3A DC/10A Pulse): $8,800
- Model 2604B dual-channel benchtop version (40V, 100fA, 3A DC/10A Pulse): $7,040
- Model 2611B single-channel version (200V, 100fA, 1.5A DC/10A Pulse): $6,000
- Model 2612B dual-channel (200V, 100fA, 1.5A DC/10A Pulse) version: $8,800
- Model 2614B dual-channel benchtop version (200V, 100fA, 1.5A DC/10A Pulse): $7,040
- Model 2634B dual-channel benchtop version (200V, 1fA, 1.5A DC/10A Pulse): $11,000
- Model 2635B single-channel (200V, 0.1fA, 1.5A DC/10A Pulse) version: $8,930
- Model 2636B dual-channel (200V, 0.1fA, 1.5A DC/10A Pulse) version: $13,700
For More Information
To learn more about the Series 2600B line, visit Keithley's website at www.keithley.com/data?asset=52028. To learn more about Keithley, contact the company.
About Keithley Instruments, Inc.
With more than 60 years of measurement expertise, Keithley Instruments has become a world leader in advanced electrical test instruments and systems. Our customers are scientists and engineers in the worldwide electronics industry involved with advanced materials research, semiconductor device development and fabrication, and the production of end products such as portable wireless devices. The value we provide them is a combination of products for their critical measurement needs and a rich understanding of their applications to improve the quality of their products and reduce their cost of test. In 2010, Keithley Instruments joined Tektronix as part of its test and measurement portfolio.
Keithley Instruments, Inc.
28775 Aurora Road
Cleveland, Ohio 44139
Reader Inquiries: (800) 688-9951