The MAP3301 features an embedded dimming FET and components within the IC that can reduce the overall chip size by as much as 50%. This allows for design efficiency and ease of use by allowing the MAP3301 to meet the tighter space requirements of many newer and slimmer LED TV monitors.
The MAP3301 can also drive multiple LEDs utilizing high voltages by separating the IC input voltage from boost input voltage. This is done simultaneously with 250V and 400V MOSFETs with very low RDS(on). The MAP3301 also allows the user to check and verify the operational functionality of the BLU driver to the LED TV through its support of pulse width modulation (PWM) and analog dimming.
"The MAP3301 LED backlight driver is a result of MagnaChip's power design expertise combined with its advanced packaging know-how," said HK Kim, EVP and General Manager of MagnaChip's Display and Power Solutions Division. "We are committed to expanding our product portfolio and broadening our customer base with industry leading LED BLU drivers targeted for the blue chip TV display manufacturers as well as the rapidly expanding and emerging markets in China."
- MAP3301 is a high efficiency, single channel boost type PWM driver.
- LED driver designed for intense brightness and optimized for backlighting systems.
- Combines small form factor with high voltage & current dimming MOSFET capabilities.
- MAP3301 is available in SOIC-15 Pin package type.
- Wide input voltage range: 8.5V ~ 33V
- Internally dimming MOSFET
- High voltage rating: 400V
- Low RDS(on): < 2.5 ohms @ VGS =10V
- PWM & analog dimming
- Auto restart mode protection
- Programmable output over voltage protection
- Programmable input line voltage protection
- LED short current protection
- Power good indication (open drain)
- Small package type: SOIC-15 Pin
About MagnaChip Semiconductor
Headquartered in South Korea, MagnaChip Semiconductor is a Korea-based designer and manufacturer of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products for high volume consumer applications. MagnaChip believes it has one of the broadest and deepest range of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor platforms in the industry, supported by its 30-year operating history, a large portfolio of registered and pending patents and extensive engineering and manufacturing process expertise. For more information, please visit www.magnachip.com.
In the United States:
Director of Investor Relations
Tel. +1 (408) 625-1262
Senior Manager, Public Relations
SOURCE MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation
|MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation