New devices offer industry's best combination of high ESD, low power and high hysteresis for industrial applicationsDALLAS, Sept. 6, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — �Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the highest-performance 3.3-V RS485 transceivers with IEC electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection available in speed grades up to 50 Mbps. The 250-kbps SN65HVD72, 20-Mbps SN65HVD75 and 50-Mbps SN65HVD78 perform better than the competition across all key performance areas, including power, ESD and hysteresis, offering a tailored solution for designers using RS485 transceivers in harsh, noisy industrial applications. To further enhance design, the devices feature a wide common-mode voltage range suitable for multi-point applications over long cable runs. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/sn65hvd72-pr.
- Reliable in high-noise environments: With +/- 15 kV human body model (HBM) protection and +/- 12 kV IEC61000-4-2 contact and air-gap discharge, the SN65HVD7x family provides a 50 percent higher level of ESD protection over the competition for industrial applications.
- Power savings: Low quiescent supply current of less than 1 mA reduces system power meets the requirements of low-power applications, such as security cameras, DVRs, home automation and metering.
- Highest immunity to noise signals on the bus lines: Receiver hysteresis at least two times higher than the competition at 80 mV helps ensure signal integrity in noisy environments.
- Extended temperature range for industrial applications: SN65HVD7x devices are characterized from -40°C to 125°C.
Tools and Support
The SN65HVD72EVM evaluation module is available to support fast development and analysis of data transmission systems using the SN65HVD72, SN65HVD75 and SN65HVD78 transceivers, along with an IBIS model. It can be ordered today for US$49.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The SN65HVD72, SN65HVD75 and SN65HVD78 devices are available now in an 8-pin SOIC package. MSOP package options will be available in 4Q2012. Suggested retail pricing is US$1.00 in 1,000-unit quantities for the SOIC package.
Learn more about TI's RS485 portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order SN65HVD72, SN65HVD75 and SN65HVD78 samples and download IBIS models at www.ti.com/sn65hvd72-pr
- Order the SN65HVD72evaluation module. at www.ti.com/sn65hvd72evm-pr
- See the TI industrial applications portfolio: www.ti.com/industrial-pr.
- Engineers designing with the SN65HVD7x can also ask questions and get answers from TI experts in the TI E2E™ Industrial Interface Community.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
|Texas Instruments Incorporated
Lindsey Starnes, Texas Instruments
Email Contact Vicky Smithee, GolinHarris