Devices enable high quality audio performance at very low power consumptionDALLAS, June 26, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced three analog-input class-D stereo amplifiers for use in soundbars, after-market automotive solutions, portable audio docks, and LCD televisions. The TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2 and TPA3130D2 feature the industry's highest programmable switching rate and widest power supply range, enabling audio output that is both high quality and highly efficient. The devices are pin-to-pin and software compatible and can support a single-layer printed circuit board (PCB), enabling cost savings by allowing designers to reuse a single layout for multiple designs. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tpa3116d2-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2 and TPA3130D2:
- Industry's widest supply range of 4.5 V to 26 V enables simultaneous operation of line power and battery power on the same board for longer battery life in soundbars and portable audio docks.
- Thermally efficient FETs allow 30-W x 2 operation without the need for a heat sink, or 50-W x 2 with a heat sink (TPA3116D2 only).
- Industry's highest programmable switching rates of 400 KHz to 1.2 MHz allow inductor filter-free operation and interference avoidance for clear audio with no distortions.
- Closed-loop design provides excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) and slower edge rates for waveform switching to improve electromagnetic interference (EMI) performance.
- Best-in-class RDS(on) of 120 microohms at 30-W x 2, 20-percent lower than the leading competitor, improves efficiency by decreasing resistance during operation.
Tools and support
An evaluation module, priced at $149 each, and SPICE model are available for the TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2 and TPA3130D2, allowing designers to easily evaluate system-level performance and quickly integrate the amplifiers into product designs. Click the links below for more information.
- TPA3116D2EVM evaluation module: www.ti.com/tpa3116d2evm-pr.
- TPA3116D2 SPICE model: www.ti.com/tpa3116d2spice-pr.
- TPA3118D2EVM evaluation module: www.ti.com/tpa3118d2evm-pr.
- TPA3118D2 SPICE model: www.ti.com/tpa3118d2spice-pr.
- TPA3130D2EVM evaluation module: www.ti.com/tpa3130d2evm-pr.
- TPA3130D2 SPICE model: www.ti.com/tpa3130d2spice-pr.
Availability and pricing
The TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2 and TPA3130D2 are available now in a 10-mm x 6-mm 32-pin HTSSOP package, priced at $1.80 for the TPA3116D2, $1.65 for the TPA3118D2, and $1.30 for the TPA3130D2, each in quantities of 1,000.
Complete signal chain for high-quality audio processing
Designers can utilize TI's PCM510x family of audio codecs to process digital input audio before feeding it to the TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2 and TPA3130D2. The PCM510x family features ultra-low out-of-band noise and jitter suppression, as well as zero pop and click architecture with soft mute and analog mute.
Learn more about the TPA31xx family and TI's audio portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order samples of the TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2 and TPA3130D2: www.ti.com/tpa3116d2samples-pr, www.ti.com/tpa3118d2samples-pr and www.ti.com/tpa3130d2samples-pr.
- Download the new Audio Guide to explore TI's entire portfolio of audio devices and solutions: www.ti.com/audioguide-pr.
- Ask questions and get answers from TI experts in the TI E2E™ Community Audio Forum: www.ti.com/audioforum-pr.
- Follow what our signal chain experts have to say on our Analog Wire blog: www.ti.com/analogwire-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
|Texas Instruments Incorporated
Robert Rich Texas Instruments
Vicky Smithee, GolinHarris