New switch automatically detects headset type to ease system designDALLAS, June 13, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — �Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a new audio headset detection and configuration switch integrated circuit (IC) that enables universal headset support for audio applications in a single chip. By integrating the automatic detection and switching function in a single device, the TS3A225E eliminates detection, leakage and click-pop issues caused by using discrete components in end-equipment, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, audio docks and home audio applications. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/ts3a225e-pr.
The TS3A225E works seamlessly to extend the functionality of best-in-class TI audio codecs, such as TLV320AIC3262 and TLV320AIC3212. For customers who prefer only a 2x2 crosspoint switch functionality without headset-type detection, TI also offers the reduced-cost TS3A26746E. The TI switch portfolio also consists of other audio, video, USB, LAN and DDR switches available at www.ti.com/switches-pr.
Key features and benefits
- Enhances the end user's experience: supports three-prong (without microphone) and four-prong (with microphone) audio headsets from all manufacturers.
- Eases system design: detects the configuration of the microphone and ground pins on a four-prong headset and routes them appropriately via a 2x2 crosspoint switch.
- More control over system operation and debug: reports headset information over I2C interface.
- Prevents audio signal distortion: 66-percent lower on-resistance (100 mOhms) for the ground switch compared to the competition.
- Easier mounting and routing in the system: available in both QFN and WCSP packages.
Availability, packaging and pricing
Available now, the TS3A225E is offered in 16-pin QFN and WCSP packages. Suggested retail pricing is $0.32 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI's audio and switch portfolios by visiting the links below:
- Order TS3A225E samples, HSpice models and evaluation modules: www.ti.com/ts3a225e-pr.
- See the TI switch portfolio: www.ti.com/switches-pr.
- View a tablet system block diagram: www.ti.com/tabletsbd-pr.
- View a smartphone system block diagram: www.ti.com/smartphonesbd-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow interface engineers in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/audioforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
|Texas Instruments Incorporated
Lindsey Starnes Texas Instruments
Vicky Smithee GolinHarris 972-341-2537 Email Contact Please do not publish these numbers or e-mail addresses.