ANADIGICS' HELP™4 Power Amplifiers Help Extend Battery-Life for the Huawei Honor WCDMA SmartphoneWARREN, N.J., May 23, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — � ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company is shipping production volumes of its AWT6621 fourth generation High-Efficiency-at-Low-Power (HELP™4) WCDMA power amplifiers (PAs) to Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. for the Huawei Honor smartphone. The Huawei Honor features a 4-inch high definition (HD) screen, 8 megapixel camera, 1.4 GHz processor, and Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system.
"We look forward to continuing our successful relationship with Huawei, a supplier of handsets and telecom network equipment to some of the world's largest wireless networks," said Michael Canonico, senior vice president of worldwide sales at ANADIGICS. "ANADIGICS' technology leadership and RFIC expertise has allowed us to design 3G and 4G power amplifier modules with industry-leading performance. This performance advantage, coupled with world-class sales and applications support located around the world, is helping our customers deliver smartphones with longer battery life."
ANADIGICS' HELP4 power amplifiers use the Company's exclusive InGaP-Plus™ technology to achieve optimal efficiency across low-range and mid-range output power levels and provide low quiescent currents. The AWT6621 power amplifier delivers industry-leading efficiency to extend battery life in handsets, smart phones, tablets, netbooks, and notebooks.
ANADIGICS HELP4 PA Facts and Highlights:
- Industry-Leading Performance
- Average current consumption reduction of 30%, compared with previous generation PAs
- Three mode states to achieve exceptional power-added efficiencies at low-range and mid-range output power levels
- Industry's lowest quiescent current of less than 4 mA
- Best-in-class linearity at maximum output power
- High Level of Integration
- 3 mm by 3 mm footprint
- Internal voltage regulation
- Integrated "daisy chainable" directional RF coupler with 20dB directivity
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANAD) delivers integrated radio frequency (RF) solutions that OEMs and ODMs demand to optimize the performance of wireless, broadband and cable applications across all major networks and standards. ANADIGICS features a diverse portfolio of highly linear, highly efficient RFICs. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, the company's award-winning products include power amplifiers, tuner integrated circuits, active splitters, line amplifiers and other components that can be purchased individually or packaged as integrated RF and front-end modules. For more information, visit http://www.anadigics.com/.
SOURCE ANADIGICS, Inc.
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Media Relations: Vivian Chang, ANADIGICS, Inc.
Phone: +886 935 315 393
Email Contact Investor Relations: Kristina Panek, ANADIGICS, Inc. , +1 908 668 5000 ext. 5330
Email Contact PR Agency Contact: Brian Ribeiro, mspire group, 1 908 369 9300, Email: Email Contact