Huntsville, AL –March 16, 2012- GeoCue Corporation is pleased to announce the addition of support for Point Grey Research's Ladybug camera technology to the GeoCue Mobile Mapping System (MMS) CuePac®. The Ladybug series is one of the most prevalent spherical camera systems for high performance mobile mapping applications.
GeoCue Corporation executed a licensing agreement with Point Grey Research in 2011 to integrate components of the Ladybug processing workflow into the GeoCue workflow management system. This integration will provide exceptional value to customers who use this camera technology.
Among the new features supported in the MMS CuePac are:
• Import of Ladybug "pgr" files with the original track correctly geocoded in the GeoCue Map view.
• Correction of the track to a Position and Orientation System (POS) trajectory (if POS data are available).
• Thinning of camera stations to a user specified track spacing.
• High performance "Development" of the raw pgr‐based images into spherical images for use in downstream processing applications. This development can be performed on servers or distributed workstations using the GeoCue Command Dispatch System (requires the Departmental level GeoCue Server).
• Direct viewing of Ladybug spherical images in a new integrated GeoCue Client viewer by simply selecting Ladybug camera stations in the GeoCue Map View.
These new features allow GeoCue customers to manage very large MMS projects involving Ladybug spherical images. Tens of thousands of images can now be systematically processed via the GeoCue distributed processing system with project files transparently managed in GeoCue. Individual photos are immediately accessible to multiple users via the GeoCue Map View. Since the GeoCue Map View includes integrated Web Mapping Services such as Google Earth®, Bing® and Open Street Map, there is no longer a need to separately manage Ladybug images in disconnected, external applications.
GeoCue will be previewing these new features at the 2012 ASPRS Conference in Sacramento, California during the week of March 19‐23, 2012.
GeoCue Corporation (www.geocue.com) is a software development and consulting services company specializing in geospatial production management solutions and creating tools for improving geospatially organized processes. GeoCue Corporation is also North America’s leading provider of production solutions for airborne and mobile laser scanning. For more information please visit our website or contact us via email ( Email Contact).
Point Grey Research, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the development of advanced digital camera technology products for machine vision, industrial imaging, traffic and surveillance, and computer vision applications. Based in Richmond, BC, Canada, Point Grey designs, manufactures and distributes IEEE‐ 1394 (FireWire), USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, and Camera Link cameras that are known for their excellent quality, performance, and ease of use. For more information please visit www.ptgrey.com
E‐mail: Email Contact