(PresseBox) Darmstadt, 09.12.2011, The CST University Publication Award is an annual grant to university institutes and researchers for their work in the application of 3D EM field simulation. The winners are awarded with extensions to their CST STUDIO SUITE installations.
Prerequisites for participation are that the papers are authored or co-authored by university researchers, published either in scientific journals or conference proceedings, and the numerical results are entirely or in part obtained through simulation using CST software products.
Submissions were evaluated on a number of criteria including originality of the application or the theory, clarity of presentation, as well as the skilful usage of CST software features. There is a special award for short papers which acknowledges the importance of short conference papers in promoting the practical application of simulation.
"CST's University publication award has proven very popular among our customers and continues to attract papers illustrating the numerous application areas of CST STUDIO SUITE." said Dr. Martin Timm, Marketing Director, CST. "This is the eighth time we have made this award and the quality of the publications was outstanding.Selecting the winning entries was not easy. We would like to thank everyone who contributed and hope to welcome an even larger number of participants in 2012."
The following papers have been selected to receive the CST University Publication Award 2011:
- "A Compact UWB Antenna for On-Body Applications"; Nacer Chahat, Maxim Zhadobov, Ronan Sauleau, Koichi Ito; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, no. 4, 28. Jan. 2011, pp 1123 - 1131
- "Investigation of Wave Propagation in a Dielectric Rod Array: Toward the Understanding of HF/VHF Propagation in a Forest"; Yang Li, Hao Ling; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 12, 23 Sep. 2010, pp 4025 - 4032
- "Radially Inhomogeneous Spherical Dielectric Lens for Matching 100-ps Pulses Into Biological Targets"; Prashanth Kumar, Serhat Altunc, Carl E. Baum, C. Jerald Buchenauer, Christos G. Christodoulou, Edl Schamiloglu; IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 38, No. 8, 18. May 2010, pp 1915-1927
- "SETUP AND RESULTS OF PYRAMIDAL MICROWAVE ABSORBERS USING RICE HUSKS"; H. Nornikman, F. Malek, M. Ahmed, F. H. Wee, P. J. Soh, A. A. H. Azremi, S. A. Ghani, A. Hasnain, M. N. Taib; Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, pp.141- 161, 2. Dec. 2010
Short paper award
- "Miniature Ceramic Dual-PIFA Antenna to Support Band Group 1 UWB Functionality in Mobile Handset"; David Kearney, Matthias John, Max J. Ammann; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, no. 1, 01. Nov. 2010, pp 336 - 339
More information about CST's university program, the winner of the University Publication Award 2011 and the upcoming award 2012 can be found on the CST corporate website at: http://www.cst.com/Content/Company/UniProgram.aspx