[ Order This Book ]
LabVIEW Student Edition : Windows Package
Author: Wells, Lisa K.
Cover: Soft cover
List Price: $79.00
Published by Prentice Hall
Date Published: 02/1995
LabVIEW can be used in a variety of industries and
- Simulating heart functions
- Controlling an ice cream-making process
- Detecting Hydrogen gas leaks on the space shuttle
- Monitoring feeding patterns of baby ostriches
- Modeling power systems to analyze power quality
- Measuring physical effects of exercise in lab rats
- Motion control of servo and stepper motors
- Testing electronic circuit boards in computer and electronic
It allows users to have complete interactive control of
their software systems. User-friendly, graphical block diagrams avoid
text-based coding and serve as the building blocks for a complete
Users easily graphically assemble software modules; they
first build the graphical-user interface called the front panel, then
they create the underlying program in the graphical block diagram
LabVIEW allows professors to develop low-cost, but
extremely flexible and powerful lab setups.
Students are encouraged to be creative and independent;
they will be participating in real-world, practical lab experiments.
Other special features of LabVIEW are:
- Modularity--users define, modify, interchange, and
combine VI building blocks to meet changing application needs.
- A graphical compiler that generates optimized code with
execution speeds comparable to compiled C programs.
- Built-in VI libraries for GPIB (for IEEE 488 instruments),
data acquisition, and serial communication.
- Programming structures such as For Loops, While Loops,
and Case Statements for sequential, repetitive, and branching operations.
- Macintosh--68020 processor or higher, 6 MB RAM, 10
MB hard disk space, System 6.0.4 or higher with 32-bit QuickDraw,
or System 7.0 or higher.
- Windows--386SX processor or higher, 6 MB RAM, 10 MB
hard disk space, and Windows 3.1 or higher.