Last Edit MArch 18, 2002
AMCC Simulation Forms - Vocabulary
The simulation submission forms require at least one functional simulation
run at worst-case maximum. The items requested are:
- File # Item number, 1,2,3...
- AMCCSIMFMT OUTPUT FILENAME
- The user-defined name assigned to the formatted simulation output
file (the vectors being submitted). The input to AMCCSIMFMT is from
a VALID tabular trace output, MENTOR LIST, DAZIX VLAIF output file,
- Check if this is a MINIMUM simulation. This assumes a MIN timing library
and FNTMIN.ews or the equivalent annotation file.
- Check if this is a maximum simulation. This assumes a maximum for
the product_grade timing library and FNTMIL.ews, FNTCOM.ews or the equivalent
Q20000 or Q24000 annotation delay file (COM5MAXmax - fntc5mx.ews, MIL5MAXmax
- SIMULATION CONTROL FILENAME
- The file required by the EWS to input stimulus, etc. that was used
to perform the submitted simulation. It is called the SOM_MCF.SING file
on DAZIX, the transcript file on MENTOR, the directives file on VALID,
- SIMULATION INPUT FILENAME
- Any other required input file. Called the remote data VLAIF file on
DAZIX, the stimulus input file on VALID. Mentor may have a data file
called from the force file. The existance of this file depends on the
method used to create the stimuli.
- SIMULATION COMMAND FILENAME
- The transcript or log of operations or submit process, i.e., what
it would take for AMCC to duplicate the simulation.
- AMCCVRC REPORT FILENAME
- Always rename AMCCVRC.LST to a user-defined name since more than one
is to be submitted. List the one that goes with the netlist and AMCCSIMFMT
output file. AMCCVRC is not required for minimum simulations, for sampled
at-speed simulations, or for print-on-change simulations.
- AMCCVRC SIGNAL ANALYSIS FILENAME
- The clock race-condition test requires a signal analysis file to specify
clock-data relationships. A user-defined name.
- SIMULATION DESCRIPTION FILE
- The text file, may be a commented copy of the AMCCSIMFMT output file,
which describes the testing being performed.