Peggy Aycinena is a freelance journalist and Editor of EDA Confidential at www.aycinena.com. She can be reached at peggy at aycinena dot com.
Fall Schedule: Let the games begin
August 28th, 2014 by Peggy Aycinena
With the advent of September, the fall conference season begins. Here are some upcoming meetings you may want to attend.
* DesignCon China – September 2-5 – Shenzhen
Last year close to 13,000 attended ICC-China. Expect even more to attend this year.
* Mentor Graphics Forum – September 3 & 5 – Shanghai & Beijing
Keynote will be given by Mentor CEO Dr. Wally Rhines, followed by President of ARM Greater China Allen Wu talking about the next 10 billion chips to be manufactured in China.
* IDF14: Intel Developers Forum – September 9-11 – San Francisco
Intel CEO Brain Krzanich will give opening keynote, followed by lots of talk about the IoT.
* PCB West 2014 – September 9-11 – Santa Clara
The most important conference of the year for board designers.
* Mentor U2U Automotive – September 10 – Dearborn
The debut of a new Mentor User2User event focusing on one of Mentor’s favorite core competencies.
* SNUG: Synopsys Users Group – September 11 – Boston
Synopsys co-CEO and President Chi-Foon Chan will offer the opening keynote.
* Cadence Technology on Tour: Club SV – September 15 – Herzliya
The event features solutions to some of the most important challenges in SoC verification.
* TowerJazz Global Symposium – September 18 – Amsterdam
Topics include SOI switch process and SiGe BiCMOS process for RF, and power management for 0.18µm 700V.
* DVCon India – September 25-26 – Bangalore
Accellera is sponsoring the 2014 debut of DVCon India.
* TSMC OIP Ecosystem Forum – September 30 – San Jose
A chance to understand how one of the world’s largest forums influences worldwide chip design.
* ARM TechCon – October 1-3 – Santa Clara
Keynoters include 3D Robotics CEO Chris Anderson and UNICEF Chief Innovator Erica Kochi.
* SNUG: Synopsys Users Group – October 8 – Canada
Dr. Chi-Foon Chan will offer the opening keynote at this SNUG as well.
* DVCon Europe – October 14-15 – Munich
Accellera is also sponsoring the 2014 debut of DVCon Europe.
* MemCon 2014 – October 15 – Santa Clara
Keynotes and breakout sessions, lunch and reception, the details are not yet published.
* ICCAD – November 2-6 – San Jose
MIT’s Dr. Srini Devadas will be keynoting, talking about hardware’s impact on cybersecurity.
Tags: ARM TechCon, DesignCon, DVCon, ICC-China, ICCAD, IDF14, MemCon, Mentor U2U, PCB West, SNUG, TSMC OIP