Peggy Aycinena is a freelance journalist and Editor of EDA Confidential at www.aycinena.com. She can be reached at peggy at aycinena dot com.
Emulation Apps: Mentor Graphics enhances Veloce
February 25th, 2016 by Peggy Aycinena
Mentor Graphics announced new applications this week for the company’s Veloce emulation platform. These new apps, per the company, are added to Mentor’s “arsenal of software innovations” for Veloce. The three new apps include:
* Veloce Deterministic ICE: Designed to overcome unpredictability in ICE environments by adding 100-percent visibility and repeatability for debug; provides access to other ‘virtual-based’ use models.
* Veloce DFT: Designed to accelerate DFT verification prior to tape-out to minimize the risk of catastrophic failure; significantly reduces run times when verifying designs after DFT insertion.
* Veloce FastPath: Designed to optimize emulation performance when verifying large multi-clock SoC designs by enabling faster model execution speed.
Also, per the company, the new Veloce apps run on an “upgraded Veloce OS3 operating system” that accelerates design compile cycles, gate-level flows, and the time it takes to review results. Recent upgrades of Veloce OS3 include several innovations:
* Integration of new high performance computing platforms, cutting compile time by 50 percent.
* Faster gate-level flow operates as plug-and-play, and ability to accept flat or hierarchical designs. The amount of memory needed for compilation is reduced, which improves performance.
* Software/hardware improvements which provide users with 200 percent faster time-to-visibility.
Eric Selosse, VP/GM of Mentor’s Emulation Division, is quoted: “Mentor continues to demonstrate technology leadership through its application-based strategy for the Veloce emulation platform. These latest innovations accelerate overall verification throughput performance for our customers.”
Mentor Graphics added: “As emulation enters its fourth decade and expands across mainstream markets, the Veloce emulation platform has become a powerful resource across a range of hardware, software and system verification flows. The focus on software apps for specific SoC and system-level challenges is driving the future of emulation.”
Tags: Eric Selosse, Mentor Graphics, Veloce, Veloce Emulations Apps