The TVS OVM SDCARD Slave VIP is a highly flexible and configurable verification IP which can be easily integrated in any OVM SOC environment. The TVS OVM SD Card Slave VIP supports SDSC, SDHC with Non-UHS and UHS mode, SDXC and also supports 1, 4 and 8 bit data width. Associative Array’s have been used as memory to improve simulation speed and provide a scalable solution. The VIP comes with an Emulatable RTL interface and a Bus Monitor which performs Setup, Hold and clock width checks on every cycle for all configurations. The monitor also performs protocol checks and reports errors for non compliance with SDCARD 2.0 Specification. The VIP has been used to verify an SDCard interface for a chip that has fully first-time working silicon.
Using external VIP (Verification IP) brings several advantages including:
- Independence in both checkers and coverage
- Robustness from use in several environments
However, the VIP must be developed in such a way that it is easy for the user to incorporate the VIP into their environment. That is the reason OVM has been chosen for ease of integration into complex SOC Verification environments which are used by both SW and HW teams to verify their designs.
1.2 Feature Set
- OVM SD Card slave VIP is complaint to SDCARD 2.0 specification.
- Lower versions supported on configuration.
- Supports huge memory efficiently.
- Supports 1/4/8 bit data bus.
- Supports SDSC, SDHC with Non-UHS and UHS mode and SDXC.
- Performs protocol checks against SDCARD 2.0
- Supports write protect.
- Randomized error responses.
- Backdoor write and read API’s provided.
- Configurable busy delay
- Configurable response timeout
- Random CRC insertion on configuration to test error scenarios
- Delay between read command and start bit of data block is configurable.
- Similar configuration is available for write command
- Configurable card programming error.
- SDHC and SDXC are Silicon Proven VIPs
1.3 Block Diagram and Description
SDCARD Device VIP from TVS is compliant with OVM 2.1 Methodology and also compliant to SDCARD 2.0. It uses all the latest OVM constructs and also is very flexible for integration into various complex SOC Verification environments. It consists of the following components
- Register Factory and Config Space
- Emulatable RTL Interface
SDCARD Memory is modelled into a flexible Associative Array and can be accessed through various API’s provided to the USER where data can be read and written into the memory.
1.4 Benefits of OVM and Industry Trends
- Written in IEEE 1800 SystemVerilog
- Runs on any simulator supporting the IEEE 1800 standard
- Verified on Cadence’s Incisive and Mentor Graphics’ Questa Verification Platform
- True open-source license agreement (Apache 2.0)
- Ensures VIP interoperability across ecosystem & simulators
- Enables VIP ‘plug and play’ functionality for designers
- Ensures interoperability with other high level languages
1.5 About TVS
TVS delivers an independent verification service that not only reduces your costs and time-to-market, but also improves product quality.
TVS combines skills and experience in software testing, hardware verification and outsourcing to provide customers with an efficient, well-managed, quality assurance service.
TVS provides both consultancy and execution services using experienced engineering resources in several locations around the world. TVS removes the pain and risk from outsourcing leaving you with just the benefits.
To learn more about our offerings, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org