Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Short Desc. :
PE-BB-4226 - WLAN 2x2 MIMO MAC/Baseband 802.11 ac
The Posedge WLAN Baseband Processor (PE-BB-4226) is a low-cost, low-power, high-performance, and a highly-integrated solution for 802.11 ac, designed to support high throughput for next generation Wireless LAN applications. It is a complete solution with Software, Firmware and RTL, to enable wireless connectivity to laptops, TV’s and Enterprise networks.
PE-BB-4226 uses Multi-Input, Multi-Output (MIMO) technology to achieve high data rates and longer reach. It is implemented with highly efficient and effective algorithms like Maximum Likely Hood decoder, Low-Density Parity Decoder, Beam forming, and Space Time Block Coding techniques. The Baseband engine performs DC offset, IQ imbalances, Frequency offset Compensation, in addition to channel coding/decoding based on 802.11ac standard.
PE-BB-4226 MAC performs all the layer-2 protocol functions using firmware running on the MAC-Micro-Engine. Very high levels of QoS are achieved with multiple queues in the MAC and it implements WMM protocols as per 802.11e. The wireless security is also implemented in the MAC engine with AES and TKIP hardware blocks. The firmware/hardware combo, achieves high throughput and yet configurable to suit to different applications.
External and internal RF Interference management is one of the biggest challenges in a Wireless LAN solution. PE-BB-4226 has proprietary algorithms to mitigate interference from Microwave etc sources. PE-BB-4226 has a 4-write Serial interface to communicate with external RF and has flexible calibration logic to connect to RF from different vendors.
- ** Features **
- Complaint to IEEE – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Specification.
- Supports 20,40 and 80 MHz channels
- Supports two stream MIMO
- Enables data rates up to 866 Mbps
- STBC Support
- Hardware Aggregation support
- Complaint to other 802.11 protocols like 802.11 e/h/i/j/k
- Block Acknowledgment support
- WPA Security with WEP 64/128 WEP using TKIP
- WPA2 Security with AES-CCMP
- Independent 12-Channel DMA and with Configurable TX / RX Buffer depths.
- LDPC, BF, ML, and PAPD support for high rate over reach.
- Flexible Host interface –PCIe/SDIO/AXI/AHB
- Short Guard Interval, Green Field Protection and Reduced IFS support
- Automatic Power control of output power up to 21dBm +/- 1dB
- Compete Software support with Upper MAC and Drivers that include Auto-Channel Selection, Rate adaptation
- Header transformation to 802.3 packets
- Advanced Power Save Modes
- Driver Support for Linux and Windows
- Adhoc and Infrastructure Modes.
- Supports MCS0-9 in 11AC
- ** Benefits **
- Sensitivity exceeds Specification
- Advanced Techniques for Spur Avoidance
- Very Low Gate Count (and Low power)
- Very LowHost MIPS requirement
- TCP level throughput of about 500 Mbps
- Dynamic Spatial Expansion
- Advanced Transmit Power Control
- High Dynamic Range and Programmable AGC Engine
- Radar Detection Support
- ** Deliverable **
- Fully synthesizable RTL
- Self-checking Testbench and Testcases
- ASIC/FPGA synthesis scripts
- Lower MAC Firmware
- Upper MAC, Device Driver and Adaptation Protocol software
- User documentation
- Integration manual
- ** Applications **
- Wireless Access Points / Routers
- Wireless Stations in Desktops
- Mobile Devices
- Networked TVs
- Network Attached Storage
© 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: