Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Digital Blocks, Inc.
Part Number :
The Digital Blocks DB-I2C-M-AXI Controller IP Core interfaces an ARM, MIPS,
PowerPC, ARC or other high performance microprocessor via the AMBA 2.0 AXI
System Interconnect Fabric to an I2C Bus. The I2C is a two-wire bidirectional interface standard (SCL is Clock, SDA is Data) for transfer of bytes of information between two or more compliant I2C devices, typically with a microprocessor behind the master controller and one or more slave devices.
- *I2C Master only with Parameterized FIFO:
- *Targets embedded processors with high performance algorithm requirements, by independently controlling the Transmit or Receive of bytes of information:
- *For Transmits, the processor writes the Slave Address & bytes of information into the FIFO, sets a start control bit, and waits for an interrupt or polls a status bit signaling completion
- *For Receive, the processor writes the Slave Address into the DB-I2C-M-AXI, sets a start control bit, and waits for an interrupt or polls a status bit signaling completion. The processor then reads the bytes of information from the FIFO.
- *Small VLSI footprint. Master Controller Modes:
- *Master – Transmitter
- *Master – Receiver Parameterized 8-bit FIFO for higher performance. Optional 16 or 32-bit processor interface. Supports two I2C bus speeds:
- *Standard mode (100 Kb/s)
- *Fast mode (400 Kb/s)
- *Fast mode plus (1 Mbit/s)
- *7 sources of internal interrupts with masking control
- *Compliance with AMBA 2.0 and I2C specifications:
- *AMBA AXI Protocol Specification (V2.0)
- *Philips/NXP – The I2C-Bus Specification, Version 2.1, January 2000
- *Fully-synchronous, synthesizable Verilog or VHDL RTL core, with rising-edge clocking, no gated clocks, and no internal tri-states, for easy integration into FPGA or ASIC design flows.
© 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: