Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Short Desc. :
Universal NVMe Controller
Mobiveil’s Universal NVM Express Controller is highly flexible and configurable design targeted for both Enterprise and client class solutions that unlock the current and future potential of PCIe-based SSDs. The core efficiently supports multi-core architectures ensuring thread(s) may run on each core with their own queue and interrupt without any locks required. It provides support for end-to-end data protection, security and encryption as well as robust error reporting and management capabilities. The controller architecture is carefully tailored to optimize link and throughput utilization, latency, reliability, power consumption, and silicon footprint.
Mobiveil’s NVM Express controller can be used along with its PCI Express controller (GPEX) and any third party NAND Flash controller.
The NVMe controller comes with 2 flavors:
* Native NVMe Controller with proprietary control and Data path interfaces
* NVMe Controller with AXI Control and Data path interfaces for easy adoption in an SoC implementation.
UNEX Controller design is independent of implementation tools and target technology. Mobiveil solution allows the licensees to easily migrate among FPGA, Gate array and Standard cell technologies optimally.
- Compliant to NVM Express 1.0C specification
- Support for configurable number of IO Queues
- Support for configurable Queue depth
- Support for Round Robin or Weighted Round Robin with Urgent Priority arbitration mechanism
- Host memory page size support of 128MB
- Efficient and streamlined command handling
- Support for Fused Operations
- Support for Optional “Firmware Activate” and “Firmware Image Download”, “Format NVM” and “Security Send” and “Security Receive” commands
- Support for multiple name spaces
- Optional AXI interfaces for NVMe Host implementation in SoC
- Well defined Command Interface for local CPU to perform subsystem initialization and to handle all non-hardware accelerated commands
© 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: