Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Short Desc. :
IEEE 802.11n/802.11ac (WiFi) LDPC Decoder
The IEEE 802.11n/ac standards require high data rates of up to 600 Mbit/s for 802.11n and up to 7 Gbit/s for 802.11ac. The Creonic LDPC decoder achieves data rates of hundreds of Mbit/s even on low-cost FPGAs. Therefore it ideally suited to satisfy the high demands on forward error correction of the 802.11n and 802.11ac standards.
Altogether, the decoder supports twelve different LDPC codes: Three different block lengths (648 bits, 1296 bits, and 1944 bits) each with four different code rates (1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6). Because of the iterative LDPC decoding algorithm, the 802.11n/ac decoder achieves a gain of up to 3 dB in comparison to Viterbi decoders. The IP core is suitable for FPGA as well as ASIC technologies.
- Compliant with IEEE 802.11n-2009.
- Compliant with IEEE P802.11ac (draft).
- Support for all LDPC code rates (1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6).
- Support for all LDPC block lengths (648, 1296, and 1944 bits).
- Gains up to 3 dB compared to Viterbi decoders.
- Low-power and low-complexity design.
- Layered LDPC decoder architecture, for faster convergence behavior.
- Block-to-block on-the-fly configuration.
- Early stopping criterion for iterative LDPC decoder, saving a considerable amount of energy.
- Configurable amount of LDPC decoding iterations for trading-off throughput and error correction performance.
- Collection of statistic information (number of modified information bits, number of iterations, decoding successful).
- Available for ASIC and FPGAs (Xilinx, Altera).
- Deliverable includes VHDL source code or synthesized netlist, VHDL or SystemC testbench, and Matlab, C or C++ bit-accurate simulation model.
Forward Error Correction
© 2017 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: