Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Ocean Logic Pty Ltd
Part Number :
HD 1080p H.264 Baseline Encoder with Compressed Frame Store (CFS) technology whose feature are :
· Highly compressed (8-16:1) reference frame, depending on the desired quality
· The bitstream is fully compatible with existing decoders with no error/drift.
Due to the high compression (~1 Mbit for 720p, ~2.2 for 1080p), no off chip DRAM is required by this core, resulting in very low power.
- ¨ Fully compatible with the ITU-T H.264 specification.
- ¨ Highly (10-15:1 ) compressed frame store (CFS) with perfect reconstruction (no error/drift) with third party standard decoders. Patent pending technology.
- ¨ Extremely low power : no external DRAM required and much lower bandwidth and power through the CFS.
- ¨ I and P frame support.
- ¨ Proven in FPGA : 720p @ 30 fps in Virtex5-2 demo board with video streamed to Ethernet.
- ¨ Profile level 4.1, can be decoded by Baseline, Main or Hi Profile decoder.
- ¨ Supports up to the highest HDTV video resolution (1920x1080 @ 30 fps progressive).
- ¨ Very low operational frequency : from ~1.5 MHz for QCIF @ 15 fps to ~250 MHz for 1920x1080 @ 30 fps.
- ¨ Single core HDTV support in FPGA : 720p (1280x720) at 30 fps in high end device.
- ¨ No CPU required for encoding.
- ¨ Constant Bit Rate (CBR). Partial Variable Bit Rate (VBR).
- ¨ Very low latency (~1.1 ms for VGA @ 30 fps).
- ¨ Motion vector up to –16.00/+15.75 pixels around the predicted motion vector (-24.00/+23.75 around the origin), down to quarter pixel.
- ¨ Support for most of intra4x4 and all intra16x16 modes.
- ¨ Block skipping logic for lower bitrate.
- ¨ Supports YUV 4:2:0 video input.
- ¨ Min Clock speed = ~ 4 x the raw pixel clock speed.
- ¨ Low gate count : 280 Kgates + 217 Kbits of RAM for real time 1080p @
- ¨ Simple, fully synchronous design.
- ¨ Available as fully functional and synthesizable VHDL or Verilog soft-core.
- VHDL, Verilog source or FPGA netlist, User's Guide and bit accurate C model
© 2017 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: