||- Implements the complete DRM base band processing, including signal acquisition and tracking, signal conditioning, viterbi and multi-level decoding.
- Interfaces to standard (analog) tuner frond ends and outputs digital bit stream (DRM service multiplex, MDI) to service/audio decoder.
- Fully synthesize-able, independent of any specific semiconductor manufacturer or process.
- Free of third-party intellectual property cores (e.g. CPU cores), no hardware related third-party IPR licensing issues or royalties.
- Minimal size (compared to DSP based base band solutions)
- flexible, arbitrary data bit-widths (minimized logic)
- enables clock/power vs. chip area trade-offs
- inherent parallelism, scales easily (e.g. for 2-arm diversity receiver)
- Available in different configurations and with different interface options, including interface option for I2C or for industry standard AMBA bus.
- Technology independent (FPGA and ASIC)