Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Eureka Technology Inc.
Part Number :
The EP600 UART core performs serial-to-parallel conversion on data received from a peripheral device or a MODEM, and parallel-to-serial conversion on data received from the PCU. The EP600 supports both the character mode (16450) and FIFO mode (16550) of operations. Default operation is character mode so that upon power up, the UART is compatible with 16450. When the FIFO mode is activated, it allows 16 bytes of data to be stored for receive or transmit data.
- Functionally compatible with 16550.
- Supports Character (16450) and FIFO (16550) mode operations.
- Designed optimized for ASIC and PLD implementations.
- Synchronous design with edge triggered flip-flops based on system clock input.
- 16-byte FIFO for transmitter and receiver reduces the number of interrupt to the CPU.
- Holding register in non-FIFO mode eliminates the need for precise synchronization between the CPU and UART.
- Add or deletes standard asynchronous communication bits (start, stop, and parity) to or from the serial data.
- Independently controlled transmit, receive, line status and data set interrupts.
- Programmable baud generator divides input clock by 2 to (216 -1) and generates the 16X clock.
- Synchronous input sampling timed by internal receiver clock.
- MODEM control functions (CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR, RI, and DCD).
- Programmable features: 5 to 8 bit characters, even/odd parities and no parity, 1, 1.5 and 2 stop bits, programmable baud rate.
- False start bit detection.
- Complete status reporting capabilities.
- Line break generation and detection.
- Internal Loopback.
© 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: