Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Eureka Technology Inc.
Part Number :
The EP440 32-bit PCI-to-PCI bridge is designed for interfacing between the primary PCI bus and the secondary PCI buses. The PCI-PCI bridge consists of bus master, bus target and target functions on the primary PCI bus. It consists of bus master, bus target, and configuration initiation functions on the secondary bus.
The PCI-PCI bridge core receives configuration initialization from the host CPU during power-up reset. It also allows the host to configure all the secondary bus and PCI devices reside behind the bridge. Type 0 PCI configuration access, if address to the bridge, is processed and responded by the PCI bridge locally.
- Fully supports PCI bus specification 2.2 and PCI bridge specification 1.1.
- Designed for ASIC and PLD implementations.
- Fully static design with edge triggered flip-flops.
- Independent asynchronous PCI clocks on primary and secondary bus.
- Convert bus transactions between primary bus and secondary bus.
- Combined bus master and target functions on both primary bus and secondary bus.
- Master function
- Initiate PCI memory and IO read/write
- Automatic transfer restart on target retry and disconnect
- Initiate type 0 and type 1 configuration access on secondary bus
- Target function
- Memory or IO read/write
- Receives type 0 and type 1 configuration access on primary bus
- Posted memory write transaction and delay transaction on all other transaction types
- Dual write buffer on each direction supports posted memory write.
- Supports prefetchable and non-prefetchable memory read.
- Delay transaction processes IO read/write, configuration read/write and memory read transactions.
- Supports target retry, disconnect, master abort and target abort terminations.
- Parity generation and parity error detection.
- Includes all PCI-PCI bridge specific configuration registers.
- Supports high speed bus request and bus parking.
- Optional PCI bus arbiter with fix, rotating, and custom priority.
© 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: