||- iSCSI Protocol Draft 20 compliant.
- Developed for LINUX Kernel 2.4.18
- OS Independent Code – can be easily ported to any other operating system.
- Scatter-Gather I/O support - for enhancing performance
- Higher Bandwidth – Supports multiple connections for a single Session.
- CHAP used for authentication between the initiator and the target.
- Naming and Discovery – Allows identification and configuration of devices
- Multiple Session support at the initiator and the target
- Configuration Utility - to Add / Remove iSCSI devices.
- Protocol Analyzer – A Development and debugging tool that shall prove handy in Interoperability Testing.
- Portability – For Maximum portability, the iSCSI protocol is implemented in ANSI C.
- Investment Protection – Works on existing TCP/IP infrastructure.
- API Library – API Library provided to use iSCSI with a third party application.
- Basic Product Layers
- o iSCSI Initiator Software
- o iSCSI Target Software