Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Digital Blocks, Inc.
Part Number :
The Digital Blocks DB8259A Programmable Interrupt Controller core is a full function equivalent to the Intel 8259A and Harris / Intersil 82C59A devices. The DB8259A Interrupt Controller manages up to eight vectored priority interrupts for a microprocessor.Using multiple instantiations of the DB8259A core and programming it to cascade mode enables up to sixty-four vectored priority interrupts. More than sixty-four vectored interrupts can be accomplished by programming the DB8259A core to Poll Command Mode. Interrupt sources may be either edge or level triggered.
- Programming for all 8259A modes and operational features:
- MCS-80/85 and 8088/8086 processor modes
- Fully Nested Mode and Special Fully Nested Mode
- Special Mask Mode
- Buffered Mode
- Poll Command Mode
- Cascade Mode with Master or Slave selection
- Automatic End-of-Interrupt Mode
- Specific and Non-Specific End-of-Interrupt Commands
- Automatic Rotation
- Specific Rotation
- Edge and level triggered interrupt input modes
- Reading of Interrupt Request Register (IRR) and In-Service Register (ISR)
- through data bus
- Writing and reading of Interrupt Mask Register (IMR) through data bus
© 2017 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: