Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Intec Systems, Inc.
Short Desc. :
GFP-F Processor IP Core (GFPF-GbE)
The GFPF-GbE IP core implementats a Frame-mapped Generic Framing Procedure (GFP-F) processor for use in Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) over SONET/SDH applications. This IP core, when used together with Altera's SONET/SDH Framer and INTEC's VCAT Processor IP core, can perform bandwidth efficient Ethernet-over-SONET (EoS) transport with dynamic link capacity adjustment (LCAS) capability.
- Monolithic multi-rate Frame-Mapped Generic Framing Procedure (GFP-F) processor for use in optical core and metropolitan area network applications.
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet over SONET/SDH via GFP-F client signal adaptation with multiple line interface options, which include STS-48/STM-16 (2.488 Gb/s), STS-12/STM-4 (622.08 Mb/s), or STS-3/STM-1 (155.52 Mb/s).
- Supports GFP frame transport using SONET/SDH contiguous concatenated signals (STS-Nc SPE/VC-4-Xc, where N=3, 12, 48 and X=N/3) or virtual concatenated signals (STS-1-Xv SPE/VC-3-Xv, where X=1,..21; or STS-3c-Xv SPE/VC-4-Xv, where X=1,..7) with optional link capacity adjustment (LCAS) scheme.
- Provides a configurable 8/16/32-bit Midbus® interface at 77.76MHz and plug and play with ALTERA and other third-party OC-3/12/48 SONET/SDH framers and INTEC Virtual Concatenation with optional LCAS (VCAT Processor) for a variety of system applications with different transport capacity.
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet Media Access Control (MAC) and Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS) with configurable system side interface options, which include Ten-bit Interface (TBI) and Gigabit Media Independent Interface (GMII).
- Provides an 8-bit AIRbus® microprocessor interface for control, configuration, and alarm/status monitoring; provides GFP and Gigabit Ethernet traffic statistics.
- Complies with SONET/SDH and Gigabit Ethernet standards and specifications, including ITU-T G.7041/Y.1303, ANSI T1.105, ITU-T G.7042/Y.1305, IEEE Std 802.3, Bellcore GR-253-CORE, ITU-T G.707 and G.783.
- Complies with ALTERA Midbus® and AIRbus® specifications.
© 2017 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: