Embedded, IP & SoC News
Submit New Event
What Would Joe Do?
Submit New Tutorial
Submit New Video
Submit New YouTube Video
Submit New Download
EDA Media Kit
Banner Ad Specifications
eMail Blast Specifications
Part Number :
The RF16550 is a standard UART providing 100% software compatibility with the Texas Instruments 16550 device. It performs serial-to-parallel conversion on data originating from modems or other serial devices, and performs parallel-to-serial conversion on data from a CPU to these devices. The 16550 can be run in either 16550-compatible character mode or in 16550-compatible FIFO mode, in which an internal FIFO relieves the CPU of excessive software overhead.
- Available under terms of the SignOnce IP
- Follows the standard UART 16550 specification
- In FIFO mode, the transmitter and receiver are
- each buffered with 16-byte FIFOs to reduce the
- number of interrupts presented to the CPU
- Adds or deletes standard asynchronous
- communication bits (start, stop and parity) to or
- from the serial data
© 2017 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 —
, or visit our other sites: